Being tested positive despite having no Covid-19 symptoms

Watch
Tai007
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, how are you today? As there is something that I would like to share with anybody in the chat which I had taken a Covid-19 test 5 days ago while I was feeling unwell and then later sent my own Covid-19 test kit into a letterbox nearby a local post office, where I used to do my paper round. Until today after it has been 5 days which I received a notification on my phone and I found out that I’m being tested positive for the virus but I don’t have it not feeling affected by the following mild common symptoms of COVID from the internet. So how is it possible?
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Asymptomatic covid is a thing.
Mollie~
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could be asymptomatic.
Ben2021uni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same for me
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t have the typical symptoms when I caught it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Why did you do the test if you don't have any symptoms?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t have symptoms but a fr

(Original post by Anonymous)
Why did you do the test if you don't have any symptoms?
I didn’t have symptoms but a friend tested positive and we were recently together near others who were actually positive at the time (unknown to us) so I decided to get tested
AlphaZeta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tai007)
Hi everyone, how are you today? As there is something that I would like to share with anybody in the chat which I had taken a Covid-19 test 5 days ago while I was feeling unwell and then later sent my own Covid-19 test kit into a letterbox nearby a local post office, where I used to do my paper round. Until today after it has been 5 days which I received a notification on my phone and I found out that I’m being tested positive for the virus but I don’t have it not feeling affected by the following mild common symptoms of COVID from the internet. So how is it possible?
You should request 'cycle threshold'. It will determine how they classify whether someone is positive or negative.
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's athing called being asymptomatic
AlphaZeta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
There's athing called being asymptomatic
It's in your interest to know how a PCR test works.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (641)
48.45%
No (682)
51.55%

Watched Threads