Family defending neglectful mother

Watch
Ashilic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My mother left me alone for a week when I was 16 with no money or food and turned her phone off so I couldn’t contact her and my family is defending her. She also has done this when I was 15 and when I was a child as well. I’ve seen her leave out the house multiple times with different men at 12 AM and my grandma would have to watch me. Each time, I was left for a man. My family said she has done no wrong and it’s okay. I thought that was illegal and child neglect in the US? Why are they on her side?
Kira96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sometimes in situations like this the best you could do is forgive and forget. You may never understand why she did that or what she has been going through mentally and the reason your family is in support of her actions. The fact that she came back means she does not mean no harm. Maybe you should try talking to her before judging her actions. All the best is approaching the issue!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Meh, my parents left me home alone from the age of 3. My cousin was left alone from the age of 18 months for over an hour. It's no big deal, kids are practically wrapped in cotton wool these days,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise