Quiz game Computing

Watch this thread
Twumwaa01
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

For my advanced higher computing project, I chose to do a quiz game. My plan is to store the quiz questions and answers in a mysql database.
Each question has 4 options with 1 correct answer.

I am also stuck on how to make the user interface for login and sign in page which will also have the details stored in a database. This will be done using python/pygames.

Thank
nm12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
you can use python's in-built tkinter library
nm12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
you can use tkinter or pygame
MatteBee
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello

I’ve been trying to do the same thing but I don’t know how to make a database with questions and connect it to pygame.
Have you found out how to do it?
MatteBee
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello I want to do something similar using pygame and SQL. But I have no idea how to create a database with questions and answers and user details. Did you find out how to do it?
Icy Wolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MatteBee)
Hello I want to do something similar using pygame and SQL. But I have no idea how to create a database with questions and answers and user details. Did you find out how to do it?
Download mysql workbench and input questions there. As for implementing it with pygame I'm not sure, presumbly using the python Requests library to make POST requests?
Mr_Cullis
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Try this: https://www.w3schools.com/python/pyt...getstarted.asp

Also, for user interfaces do not use Tkinter it’s unnecessarily hard. Use PyQt along with Qt Designer. You manually design the user interface with a drag and drop environment and then run a simple command line to convert it to a Python module. So much easier!
Last edited by Mr_Cullis; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (26)
18.44%
The paper was reasonable (62)
43.97%
Not feeling great about that exam... (23)
16.31%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
21.28%

Watched Threads