The Student Room Group

Respond urgently

I'm a bit worried about my brothers eating, I know it might not be my problem but if I was eating a lot of takeaways then he would be worried about me like he's mentioned about my drinking before. He eats fast food quite a few days a week regularly KFC or McDonald's which is very junk everyday. I don't know what it is with KFC and McDonald's because KFC is absolutely disgusting and McDonald's isn't really the best either. I don't know the hype apart from them being fast and quick which isn't normally the case because I can cook myself a meal with ingredients we have got at home so its cheaper and it won't be as disgusting as McDonald's and especially KFC. I hate KFC like I did a post this morning saying this, KFC is absolutely disgusting and i refuse to touch that stuff.

Anyway I'm just worried about my brothers eating because he's going to end up in a early grave if he continues, I've not told him that but I have suggested reduce the take aways because he thinks every time he gets a deal from* ****ing ubereats or whatever he thinks he has to get it. He's only 17 years old. My parents are also trying to get him to reduce it as well but he doesn't listen. The other day he got a big mac meal large so with large fries, a large coke, he also got hamburger and chicken nuggets ontop of that and this is like a typical meal that he gets atleast 3 times a week. I haven't even had McDonald's or KFC since I was about 18 years old because its not nice in the slightest.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a bit worried about my brothers eating, I know it might not be my problem but if I was eating a lot of takeaways then he would be worried about me like he's mentioned about my drinking before. He eats fast food quite a few days a week regularly KFC or McDonald's which is very junk everyday. I don't know what it is with KFC and McDonald's because KFC is absolutely disgusting and McDonald's isn't really the best either. I don't know the hype apart from them being fast and quick which isn't normally the case because I can cook myself a meal with ingredients we have got at home so its cheaper and it won't be as disgusting as McDonald's and especially KFC. I hate KFC like I did a post this morning saying this, KFC is absolutely disgusting and i refuse to touch that stuff.

Anyway I'm just worried about my brothers eating because he's going to end up in a early grave if he continues, I've not told him that but I have suggested reduce the take aways because he thinks every time he gets a deal from* ****ing ubereats or whatever he thinks he has to get it. He's only 17 years old. My parents are also trying to get him to reduce it as well but he doesn't listen. The other day he got a big mac meal large so with large fries, a large coke, he also got hamburger and chicken nuggets ontop of that and this is like a typical meal that he gets atleast 3 times a week. I haven't even had McDonald's or KFC since I was about 18 years old because its not nice in the slightest.

He needs discipline.
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
He needs discipline.

Maybe but he is 17, he's 18 in a few days
Maybe but he is 17, he's 18 in a few days

At 17 or 18, he needs the discipline to be able to control what he eats and his habits. If he goes to university without adequate supervision, he may run into issues.
Does he work? It sounds like he’s addicted, but there isn’t much you can do beyond advising him.
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
At 17 or 18, he needs the discipline to be able to control what he eats and his habits. If he goes to university without adequate supervision, he may run into issues.

I know
Reply 6
Original post by YaliaV123
Does he work? It sounds like he’s addicted, but there isn’t much you can do beyond advising him.

Yes he has his own business.
He needs to be aware of the health risks
being overweight/obese doubles risk of cancer, diabetes, stroke and ultimately, early death
Yes he has his own business.

Someone could make him a packed lunch for a while; it probably wouldn’t take long to break the habit, though obviously it would still be his choice in the end.
Original post by jessica10293
being overweight/obese doubles risk of cancer, diabetes, stroke and ultimately, early death

Original post by jessica10293
He needs to be aware of the health risks

Exactly

Original post by YaliaV123
Someone could make him a packed lunch for a while; it probably wouldn’t take long to break the habit, though obviously it would still be his choice in the end.

Yep true I might ask. He needs to make better choices

Quick Reply