Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

I have ASD (a preliminary diagnosis, but I will recieve a full one soon). I also have Dyspraxia. I have depression too, but its less about depression and more about autism.

I've been working since November, part time. I've come to the attention of my bosses recently for making mistakes - usually around stacking and stuff on the tills. i keep making these same mistakes. i'm very stressed out and considering resigning. the thing is, im not even aware of making these mistakes. does having asd/high functioning autism make you more prone to making errors such as these and not coping well in jobs? I feel so stupid.
Kira96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,

I have ASD (a preliminary diagnosis, but I will recieve a full one soon). I also have Dyspraxia. I have depression too, but its less about depression and more about autism.

I've been working since November, part time. I've come to the attention of my bosses recently for making mistakes - usually around stacking and stuff on the tills. i keep making these same mistakes. i'm very stressed out and considering resigning. the thing is, im not even aware of making these mistakes. does having asd/high functioning autism make you more prone to making errors such as these and not coping well in jobs? I feel so stupid.
No need to feel stupid because you are not! The fact that you have been working means that you have managed to overcome your mental situation. The only thing I would advise is for you to seek social support from your close friends and relatives. All the best in resolving the issue!
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

It is difficult to say, but the first thing I'd consider is that you are making mistakes because you are stressed. Maybe you need to take longer breaks? Also make sure you are well hydrated and have a good meal before working - it really does make a difference.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Does your employer know about your ASD etc. Let them know and maybe they can help you or give you support.
petertyerman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would contact an autism into work support organisation like autism plus in the north east and with them apply to access to work for assessment to help get adjustments and a mentor to help sort out issues you have
Ameba
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

It possibly could in the sense of increasing your levels of anxiety and perhaps sensory problems could increase the likelihood of those mistakes.

Both autism and dyspraxia can cause this and you should be elligible for accomodations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (340)
31.6%
No (736)
68.4%

Watched Threads