hamzaali_2004
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. So basically I want to study dentistry at uni and I’m doing my A-Levels right now but my GCSEs weren’t great and was wondering if I still have a chance. They’re
-Science 8,8
-Maths 6
-English Language and Lit 6,6
-Computer Science 6
-History 4
-Spanish 9
-Pe Level 2 Distinction*
Thanks!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You would meet the bare minimum requirements for some dental schools but I strongly recommend that if you want to make a competitive application, you need to have much stronger grades at A Level and a strong UCAT score and personal statement as your GCSEs are relatively weak in comparison to the typical applicant.
hamzaali_2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
You would meet the bare minimum requirements for some dental schools but I strongly recommend that if you want to make a competitive application, you need to have much stronger grades at A Level and a strong UCAT score and personal statement as your GCSEs are relatively weak in comparison to the typical applicant.
So should I try my best to stand out with my A Levels? And I’d still manage to get in?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hamzaali_2004)
So should I try my best to stand out with my A Levels? And I’d still manage to get in?
I can’t tell you whether you’ll be accepted or not, I can’t predict the future. But I can tell you that it is very competitive - you will have to have better grades, UCAT score and personal statement and apply strategically if you want to stand a chance.
hamzaali_2004
Rep:
?
I can’t tell you whether you’ll be accepted or not, I can’t predict the future. But I can tell you that it is very competitive - you will have to have better grades, UCAT score and personal statement and apply strategically if you want to stand a chance.
Great! Thanks for ur help!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Great! Thanks for ur help!
No problem. Are you eligible for contextual offers?
hamzaali_2004
Rep:
?
No problem. Are you eligible for contextual offers?
Oh never heard of that before? I just googled it but it just says “wider circumstances”?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh never heard of that before? I just googled it but it just says “wider circumstances”?
If you visit some dental websites such as Bristol, Plymouth, Newcastle and Kings, they have contextual offers/ programmes for eligible students where the requirements are lower. I recommend you visit some of these dental school pages and have a read and see if you are an eligible applicant.
hamzaali_2004
Rep:
?
If you visit some dental websites such as Bristol, Plymouth, Newcastle and Kings, they have contextual offers/ programmes for eligible students where the requirements are lower. I recommend you visit some of these dental school pages and have a read and see if you are an eligible applicant.
Great! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You’ve really helped me!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Great! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You’ve really helped me!
No problem :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (46)
13.77%
Virtual campus tours/open days (73)
21.86%
Live streaming events (32)
9.58%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (35)
10.48%
A uni comparison tool (77)
23.05%
An in-person event when available (71)
21.26%