How do I accept my self...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 25. I've always known that I found the same gender as me attractive. But I've always masked it by acting a certain way to a point where this is who I am now. I've had experiences with the opposite gender. Don't get me wrong. I am attracted to the opposite gender, but I've always been too scared to maybe try and see what it would be like with the same gender as me.

I feel like I never wanted to accept myself being attracted to the same gender.
username5161072
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 25. I've always known that I found the same gender as me attractive. But I've always masked it by acting a certain way to a point where this is who I am now. I've had experiences with the opposite gender. Don't get me wrong. I am attracted to the opposite gender, but I've always been too scared to maybe try and see what it would be like with the same gender as me.

I feel like I never wanted to accept myself being attracted to the same gender.
That’s a question only you can answer. Acknowledging your feelings is the first step. Stop worrying about how others will perceive you, and worry about what you want. Be selfish.
Anonymous #1
That's a step I'm too scared to take. But I don't know.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
This might sound cliché, but I always imagine myself on my deathbed whenever I am letting others' opinions get in the way of my personal growth. Look, unless you pursue a relationship with a person of the same gender as you, you won't know what you want. It's alright, take your time. <3 Seriously, **** what others think.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you grow up in a homophobic household? Or one that didnt talk about such things?
Realizing why you're scared is an important first step. You cant overcome something if you dont know what you're trying to overcome.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
how did you know that you liked the same gender?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Did you grow up in a homophobic household? Or one that didnt talk about such things?
Realizing why you're scared is an important first step. You cant overcome something if you dont know what you're trying to overcome.
Yes, and yes. I've grown up in a very conservative household. Stereotypical gender roles. There's also religious elements which make it harder.

(Original post by Anonymous)
how did you know that you liked the same gender?
As far as I can remember, since forever. I started noticing when I was 10-11 years old. When I first started realising I felt it was normal. But then as I grew, I noticed a lot of hostility towards this subject from a lot of people. At one point, my aunt literally said this to my face "if I ever find out that one of my children were gay, I would kill them right there".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads