hope.stephenss1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically I have no idea what I want to do in life because i love art but I also like maths and biology, so the reason I’ve been thinking about studying isn’t the us is because I’m pretty sure that you have more time to decide a major.
I was wondering if there is anyone from the uk now going to uni in the us who could tell me a bit about the admissions process, their overall experiences and the advantages and disadvantages.
Any info or opinions from anyone would be massively appreciated.
szczesniak
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are many things to consider based on hundreds of factors. I'll briefly tell you why I chose UK over US for Bachelor's degree.

I am certain of what I want to study and what I'm going to do after uni, so I would much rather spend 3 years studying my subject in depth, getting knowledge that I want to have rather than spending 4 years concentrating on many things about stuff I don't care at all. I also like UK much more. Country has its problems but they're not as ridiculous as what is going on in the US right now. All in all, I will finish my studies year earlier, having more time to start my career.

Although I have to say that for Master's I'm not planning to stay in the UK. I'm thinking about Switzerland/Germany or even the US.

If you have any interests, and you are not sure which one is right for you, perhaps, the US is a better choice for you, but it all depends.

I'd advice you reading the Student Life part on the official website of unis you consider and compare them, finding which one suits you better.
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hope.stephenss1)
So basically I have no idea what I want to do in life because i love art but I also like maths and biology, so the reason I’ve been thinking about studying isn’t the us is because I’m pretty sure that you have more time to decide a major.
I was wondering if there is anyone from the uk now going to uni in the us who could tell me a bit about the admissions process, their overall experiences and the advantages and disadvantages.
Any info or opinions from anyone would be massively appreciated.
If you decide to stay in the UK, think about a course like this one https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...-sciences.aspx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads