Maintenance loan 2021 mature student

Watch
BSL92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, ill be attending university for the first time in September at 28yrs old, my question is I currently work full time as does my partner, he earns about 22,000 but come September I will be transferring onto bank work with a view of working 2 days a week whilst studying for my degree, this will be part time work. How much maitanence loan should I expect to receive and do I declare the part time working? I've looked on the websites and it doesn't really give me much information about people living with a partner who i will depend on financially come September.
Thanks in advance for any help you may have!
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Things like this can be quite complicated and depends on your situation etc. The best one to ask would be SFE Isaac as he's an official SFE rep and knows the rules a lot better than any of us would.
BSL92
Rep:
?
Hi, thanks for the reply! I'm new to this so if you have tagged him will he see it?
Thanks again!
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BSL92)
Hi, thanks for the reply! I'm new to this so if you have tagged him will he see it?
Thanks again!
Yeah, if you tag someone or quote a message from them then it appears in their notifications so he'll see it when he next logs in
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BSL92)
Hi, ill be attending university for the first time in September at 28yrs old, my question is I currently work full time as does my partner, he earns about 22,000 but come September I will be transferring onto bank work with a view of working 2 days a week whilst studying for my degree, this will be part time work. How much maitanence loan should I expect to receive and do I declare the part time working? I've looked on the websites and it doesn't really give me much information about people living with a partner who i will depend on financially come September.
Thanks in advance for any help you may have!
(Original post by MedicWil)
Things like this can be quite complicated and depends on your situation etc. The best one to ask would be SFE Isaac as he's an official SFE rep and knows the rules a lot better than any of us would.
Hi there, we don't need to know you are working unless your employer will be releasing you to study (paying you a salary to attend university). If you are not being released to study then you don't need to declare your earned income. If you have any unearned income then we do need to know about this.

Your partner will need to provide their 2019/20 tax year income and your entitlement will be based on this.
If your partner earns under 25k and if your employer doesn't release you to study and if you have no unearned income then you will be entitled to the maximum rate of funding.

If you are not living with your parents and not living in London, then the maximum rate of funding is £9,488 - you can view all figures here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/...m-for-2021.pdf

Thanks, Isaac
BSL92
Rep:
?
Hey there, thanks for the reply that makes it sound much simpler! No, I work for the NHS, but am pursuing a law degree, they arent releasing me for study and I will have to go from full staff to bank to accommodate a uni timetable where I can just pick up a shift on a day im free (if ever lol) thank you, you have eased my worries!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BSL92)
Hey there, thanks for the reply that makes it sound much simpler! No, I work for the NHS, but am pursuing a law degree, they arent releasing me for study and I will have to go from full staff to bank to accommodate a uni timetable where I can just pick up a shift on a day im free (if ever lol) thank you, you have eased my worries!
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.7%
Virtual campus tours/open days (114)
23.36%
Live streaming events (44)
9.02%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (47)
9.63%
A uni comparison tool (111)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (110)
22.54%