tagviolet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I'm a first year uni student studying biomedical science. Over the past 2 months, I've been struggling with my mental health, and have been finding it very difficult to get out of bed and just take care of myself in general. This has gotten a lot worse since I've moved back to uni last week, and I'm just so unmotivated to continue with my degree. I know deep down that I do want to continue my studies, I just can't handle it right now.

Is there any way I can take some time away from uni? I don't want to drop out, I just want some time to improve my wellbeing.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tagviolet)
Hi everyone,

I'm a first year uni student studying biomedical science. Over the past 2 months, I've been struggling with my mental health, and have been finding it very difficult to get out of bed and just take care of myself in general. This has gotten a lot worse since I've moved back to uni last week, and I'm just so unmotivated to continue with my degree. I know deep down that I do want to continue my studies, I just can't handle it right now.

Is there any way I can take some time away from uni? I don't want to drop out, I just want some time to improve my wellbeing.
This is definitely a possibility. Speak to the wellbeing services at you uni and your personal tutor to find out how you'd go about this. I hope you feel better in time
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk to your personal tutor about taking a leave of absence - Providing you go through all of the relevant processes, most will allow you to take the rest of the year out and return the following (or longer, providing you have evidence for doing so)
Kebristol1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I’m sorry you’re feeling like this. I very nearly did this in my first year and my sister spent two terms out in her degree as well. You can definitely take time out without dropping out, you won’t lose your place. As others have said I’d say bring this up with your personal tutor (if you have one) or with the well-being services, they can then advise you on what to do next. Normally you have to fill in some admin forms and possibly give some medical evidence but it’s nothing too stressful. I hope you feel better soon x
tagviolet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for the replies! I spoke with my tutor this morning so I'll see where it goes from there thank you all for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (610)
49.15%
No (631)
50.85%

Watched Threads