axxxxxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Dtrain)
Hi !! I did- I actually applied to two routes for a project and MRC-DTP was one of them. I contacted them for advise and have been told that it would depend on the department you applied to. I know my department has sent some interview invites last week but I haven’t heard anything yet. Maybe speak to your supervisor for advise?
Hello, thank you for replying! Nice to hear from someone who applied too. I had the same response as you a few days ago. But they just emailed me about an hour ago saying I am/was not shortlisted for the interview. Pretty bummed out as I was super looking forward to the research project and the supervisors were keen to take me on :'( I guess that's the end of my Oxford wait. Good luck to the rest of you!!!
Dtrain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by littlepanda26)
Hello, thank you for replying! Nice to hear from someone who applied too. I had the same response as you a few days ago. But they just emailed me about an hour ago saying I am/was not shortlisted for the interview. Pretty bummed out as I was super looking forward to the research project and the supervisors were keen to take me on :'( I guess that's the end of my Oxford wait. Good luck to the rest of you!!!
Sorry to hear that- I’m sure there are bigger things in line for you!!

I don’t think I have been shortlisted either as some of the invites have already gone out- just waiting for a confirmation in writing 🙄
bittersandsweet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by littlepanda26)
Hi, I also applied to the Interdisciplinary Medical Research MRC DTP. I was wondering which focus areas did you apply to? I think I applied to infection and immunology (Nuffield). I have not heard back at all for that program. Thanks in advance!
axxxxxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bittersandsweet)
Hi, I also applied to the Interdisciplinary Medical Research MRC DTP. I was wondering which focus areas did you apply to? I think I applied to infection and immunology (Nuffield). I have not heard back at all for that program. Thanks in advance!
Hello, I applied for Neuroscience. I'm not sure how it works really i.e. if they have a 'centralised' system to evaluate all areas or if they have specific people working (viewing applications) on specific areas. You could probably email them to check to find out! I hope you get favourable results
gsali5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone heard from Oxford - DPhil Cancer Sciences? Have given out invite interviews already for this position?
Embz1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gsali5)
Has anyone heard from Oxford - DPhil Cancer Sciences? Have given out invite interviews already for this position?
Hi! I've applied but not heard anything back yet. The CRUK Oxford website says they were going to hold interviews late Jan (expected) but the oxford app portal says it can takes between 8-10 weeks to hear a response on your application so i'm not sure!
gsali5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Embz1234)
Hi! I've applied but not heard anything back yet. The CRUK Oxford website says they were going to hold interviews late Jan (expected) but the oxford app portal says it can takes between 8-10 weeks to hear a response on your application so i'm not sure!
I am assuming that my application has already been rejected as they have already given out interviews !
DarkPassenger
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I was offered a place for the DPhil in Population Health. No funding unfortunately, but I may be eligible for scholarships. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting a scholarship is? Secondly, would anyone know of external scholarships I can apply to as a Canadian? Thanks!
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DarkPassenger)
Hi everyone. I was offered a place for the DPhil in Population Health. No funding unfortunately, but I may be eligible for scholarships. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting a scholarship is? Secondly, would anyone know of external scholarships I can apply to as a Canadian? Thanks!
congratulations! Maybe you can search for the scholarships funded by your government. Usually every country has its own government-funded scholarship
Favita Dias
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daisy2021)
Hi. This forum is for those who have applied for 2021 doctoral courses in Oxford. You are welcome to discuss anything related to you doctoral application in Oxford.
Hi.. I am from India and have applied for Dphil in Area studies (South Asia) has anyone heard anything about the application acceptance? I applied for January deadline 22nd January was the last date.
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by Favita Dias)
Hi.. I am from India and have applied for Dphil in Area studies (South Asia) has anyone heard anything about the application acceptance? I applied for January deadline 22nd January was the last date.
the results will be released 8-10 weeks after the January deadline, which means that you will get the reply at late March. You can also check Gradcafe for more information from other applicants.
!neveroddoreven!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey international student here. I had an interview for the Interdisciplinary Bioscience DTP last week and received a rejection today. I just wish they would give us feedback...
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by !neveroddoreven!)
Hey international student here. I had an interview for the Interdisciplinary Bioscience DTP last week and received a rejection today. I just wish they would give us feedback...
Sorry to hear this. I understand how frustrating it is. You got the chance of interview, it means that your application is strong. You can send an email to the admissions to ask why got rejected. Good luck with your other applications
PhDSP
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone here who has applied to the DPhil in Social Policy programme?
Have some quick questions to ask. I haven't heard back from them for an interview. Had submitted my application on the 22nd.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Favita Dias
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the results will be released 8-10 weeks after the January deadline, which means that you will get the reply at late March. You can also check Gradcafe for more information from other applicants.
OK.. Thank u so much for your response
!neveroddoreven!
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to hear this. I understand how frustrating it is. You got the chance of interview, it means that your application is strong. You can send an email to the admissions to ask why got rejected. Good luck with your other applications
Thank you! I believe it's their policy not to provide further details, so there won't be specifically tailored applications.
Carmula
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here applied on 22 jan for dphil but haven’t heard back since. How long does it take for them to send out interviews!?
Favita Dias
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Carmula)
Same here applied on 22 jan for dphil but haven’t heard back since. How long does it take for them to send out interviews!?
they say 8-10 weeks but a frnd has heard back late feb last year.. i am also hoping for a scholarship.. what about you?
Favita Dias
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
has anyone heard anything about the Dphil applications? 22nd January deadline?
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Favita Dias)
has anyone heard anything about the Dphil applications? 22nd January deadline?
Hi, you can check GradCafe for it
https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/i...&t=n&o=p&pp=25
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.53%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.44%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.63%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.09%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3%
Taster lectures or seminars (79)
21.53%
Speak to current students studying my course (84)
22.89%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.36%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.54%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.18%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.18%

Watched Threads