clairebergjo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just got word from the Medical Sciences Division that the results of the GSSC funding competition are out, which includes ALL Oxford scholarships (including college scholarships and Clarendon). Unfortunately I wasn't successful in the first instance, kind of crushed honestly. They said there may still be hope as others withdraw, win funding from elsewhere, or more funding becomes available, but the chances feel slimmer and slimmer every day. I was supposed to be fulfilling my dream of doing research on a terrible rare autoimmune neurodegenerative disease my twin sister has had since we were 7, but I can't afford to do it without full funding. I really hope I can still win some funding to make this dream come true.
Daisy2021
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by clairebergjo)
Just got word from the Medical Sciences Division that the results of the GSSC funding competition are out, which includes ALL Oxford scholarships (including college scholarships and Clarendon). Unfortunately I wasn't successful in the first instance, kind of crushed honestly. They said there may still be hope as others withdraw, win funding from elsewhere, or more funding becomes available, but the chances feel slimmer and slimmer every day. I was supposed to be fulfilling my dream of doing research on a terrible rare autoimmune neurodegenerative disease my twin sister has had since we were 7, but I can't afford to do it without full funding. I really hope I can still win some funding to make this dream come true.
Have you tried to apply for scholarship from your government?
clairebergjo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Daisy2021)
Have you tried to apply for scholarship from your government?
I'm from the U.S., so funding competitions are massive, super competitive, and started and closed already last fall. Unfortunately I thought I wasn't good enough to win something like a Fulbright or Rhodes, so I didn't apply, and was pleasantly surprised when the department ranked me highly enough to be considered for departmental funding. Going to try for something from the NIH maybe but chances feel even slimmer for that.
DPS1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi , has anyone received the interview invites for the public policy Dphil ?
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm from the U.S., so funding competitions are massive, super competitive, and started and closed already last fall. Unfortunately I thought I wasn't good enough to win something like a Fulbright or Rhodes, so I didn't apply, and was pleasantly surprised when the department ranked me highly enough to be considered for departmental funding. Going to try for something from the NIH maybe but chances feel even slimmer for that.
you can also try to search for private scholarship. many companies or celebrities also offer scholarship.
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, have you solved the funding issues?
clairebergjo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, have you solved the funding issues?
A week ago my department contacted me to award me a Medical Sciences Graduate School Studentship which covers course fees and living expenses in full for 3 years!! So unexpected, I've been walking on Cloud 9 since 😊 Still waiting to officially hear about the funding breakdown though - most of these awards are made in partnership with other funders (colleges, Clarendon, etc). I haven't received a college place yet (I listed St John's as my first choice) so will be interesting to see where I am allocated if the studentship is funded in part by a college.
Daisy2021
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
A week ago my department contacted me to award me a Medical Sciences Graduate School Studentship which covers course fees and living expenses in full for 3 years!! So unexpected, I've been walking on Cloud 9 since 😊 Still waiting to officially hear about the funding breakdown though - most of these awards are made in partnership with other funders (colleges, Clarendon, etc). I haven't received a college place yet (I listed St John's as my first choice) so will be interesting to see where I am allocated if the studentship is funded in part by a college.
Congratulations! This is wonderful news!
clairebergjo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Congratulations! This is wonderful news!
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.53%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.44%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.63%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.09%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3%
Taster lectures or seminars (79)
21.53%
Speak to current students studying my course (84)
22.89%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.36%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.54%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.18%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.18%

Watched Threads