when can we expect to return to school in 2021

Watch
ababab123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
when do you think schools will reopen? Is it likely that it'll reopen after February half term?
ababab123
Rep:
?
bump
Raja12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ababab123)
when do you think schools will reopen? Is it likely that it'll reopen after February half term?
i dont think they will open in February. They may open in March or April
Kira96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm also unsure about it..
ababab123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kira96)
I'm also unsure about it..
yea im quite worried cuz i'm hoping for more exams when we come back for proof of grades
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anywhere from Mid-February to April
Kira96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yea im quite worried cuz i'm hoping for more exams when we come back for proof of grades
No need to worry you just need to read and keep track of your studies and the anticipated exams will just be fine. What is your course?
ababab123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kira96)
No need to worry you just need to read and keep track of your studies and the anticipated exams will just be fine. What is your course?
i study maths, further maths, chem and bio. My uni offer is A*AA to study maths and computer science at oxford and i flopped a lot of my past school exams/mocks because i was under the stupid impression that we'll do exams in summer so i didn't take them seriously and instead focused on other things like interview prep and the MAT. This whole thing is stressing me out because the way it's looking right now i'm going to end up with 3 Bs if my teachers just hand out grades based on previous evidence
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Schools will reopen when there is enough of a reduction of the pressure on the NHS to allow them to. There are two factors in this:

1) Cases, and therefore hospital admissions, to come down to a manageable level.

2) The vaccine, and the most vulnerable groups being vaccinated (which feeds into the first).

Although cases are falling, there's quite a long lag before this will really affect hospital admissions, and over 30,000 cases a day is still really high- and will probably lead to a high number of admissions. We're probably looking at March before the situation in hospitals will really be "under control" again.

Vaccination is going relatively well, but the average age of people in ICU is apparently 60. 60yos won't be getting the vaccine until around Easter.

It's unlikely that schools will open as normal straight after the February half term. We might see partial openings, like we did last summer- but at the moment, the government seem to be talking about March as a target for reopening schools.

Remember, if schools reopen too quickly, it's likely they will close just as quickly. And the DfE will have to prove to teachers' unions that they are safe.

I would plan as if school won't reopen this term, and then you will be pleasantly surprised if you get to go back sooner.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some people in HK predicted that they will not go back to school until September, and start in the next grade.
Amourrose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope they don't till summer, then i can just leave school. How wonderful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads