The Student Room Group

cambridge law gcse

Can i get into cambridge law with these gcse 66667777888
You can try but I don’t think so, what I heard is that you have to get all G8-9.
is thwre really no chance
It could be fine if youre counted as a contextual student but I’m not 100% on their policy
Reply 4
I wouldn't say no chance but to get into cambridge law, you'd have to get all A* predicted and if there are any entrance exams for Law, you'd have to ace them with very good marks. Then you'd have an alright chance of getting in. Otherwise it may be difficult.
Original post by DVJ5
I wouldn't say no chance but to get into cambridge law, you'd have to get all A* predicted and if there are any entrance exams for Law, you'd have to ace them with very good marks. Then you'd have an alright chance of getting in. Otherwise it may be difficult.

it's really annoying how gcse's matter like once you finish a-levels they're so irrelevant as most people wake up during a-levels..
OK, so the above is not good advice. We can, and do, make offers every year to students with grade profiles similar to yours. However, as your GCSE grades are weaker than many of our applicants, we would want to see you perform strongly in the other parts of the application (see here for more details).

How your GCSEs relate to the rest of your school cohort will also be important. If they were the top grades anyone achieved, then that's a sign you've done really well. If they're quite low in relation to other people in your year at the school where you sat your GCSEs, then that's a less good sign.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
OK, so the above is not good advice. We can, and do, make offers every year to students with grade profiles similar to yours. However, as your GCSE grades are weaker than many of our applicants, we would want to see you perform strongly in the other parts of the application (see here for more details).

How your GCSEs relate to the rest of your school cohort will also be important. If they were the top grades anyone achieved, then that's a sign you've done really well. If they're quite low in relation to other people in your year at the school where you sat your GCSEs, then that's a less good sign.

thank you so much i really appreciate this glimmer of hope i am predicted a*a*a*a at a level
If you do achieve those predictions - which are excellent and comfortably above the A*AA requirements - then you could always consider applying post-results where there will presumably be less emphasis on your GCSEs? Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending