Do you think lobster is delicious?

Watch
TrueLife
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Or overhyped? I’ve had it twice and I really like it but I feel theres never enough meat inside.
HeisenbergsDad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TrueLife)
Or overhyped? I’ve had it twice and I really like it but I feel theres never enough meat inside.

Lobster is absolutely delicious when eaten fresh.

When I was in Asia and fisherman approached us on the beach and sold us one for £4.50.

We boiled it on the beach over a fire. It was my first time trying lobster and it was AMAZING. Even though I was scared initially as it looked weird to me
TrueLife
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HeisenbergsDad)
Lobster is absolutely delicious when eaten fresh.

When I was in Asia and fisherman approached us on the beach and sold us one for £4.50.

We boiled it on the beach over a fire. It was my first time trying lobster and it was AMAZING. Even though I was scared initially as it looked weird to me
With no seasoning?
HeisenbergsDad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With no seasoning?
I don't recall to be honest. It was very salty though
SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends, I’ve never had one. Does it taste like shrimp? If so then I’ll like it.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is nice but massively overpriced. There are plenty of other seafood options I would rather have.
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SparkleFace)
It depends, I’ve never had one. Does it taste like shrimp? If so then I’ll like it.
same tho lol i like the look of it so i really wanna try it
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really, I've always found it a bit overhyped, although it may be that the difficulty of actually getting at the meat makes it less appealing to me (also seeing other people trying to eat lobster is...unappetizing to say the least). I don't mind it in the form of e.g. lobster bisque or if it was like, lobster ravioli or similar, where the meat has already been removed from the shell for me to eat directly But given the usual prices of lobster in any form and the fact that it's still just...nice enough to eat but given the option to eat any other foods that are my usual favourites I'd probably go with the alternative.

It doesn't really taste like shrimp I think, it's more similar to crab but a little richer in my opinion.
SparkleFace
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
It doesn't really taste like shrimp I think, it's more similar to crab but a little richer in my opinion.
Ah I’ve never had crab either haha
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah I’ve never had crab either haha
bahaha same here lmao
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've never eaten it but I doubt the taste would appeal to me.
I'm not a fan of seafood.
saskiax
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is very nice but I'm not eating itagain seeing as they put a live creature into a pot of boiling water. That is not right
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quite nice but overrated and over priced. For a very occasional extravagant treat
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saskiax)
It is very nice but I'm not eating itagain seeing as they put a live creature into a pot of boiling water. That is not right
im pretty sure thats the only way to kill it so its edible idk tho
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BluMoon06)
im pretty sure thats the only way to kill it so its edible idk tho
You can just kill them with a knife and eat it raw. It is very nice.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do like it but over here it is just so expensive- I ate a lot on holidays in New England where it is more affordable
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
been disappointed the rare times i had it, i think because its overhyped reputation. would rather have a med-rare tuna steak or cured trout, octopus or sushi.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I eat lobster for the first time, I come back and tell you. Maybe.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven't tried lobster. I don't know if I want to. It's not the sort of thing that floats my boat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (47)
13.74%
Virtual campus tours/open days (75)
21.93%
Live streaming events (32)
9.36%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (36)
10.53%
A uni comparison tool (79)
23.1%
An in-person event when available (73)
21.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise