Stenj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What’s the rules and restrictions about having a friend, who doesn’t go to your uni, stay over in your dorm.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stenj)
What’s the rules and restrictions about having a friend, who doesn’t go to your uni, stay over in your dorm.
not allowed obviously
Kebristol1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was allowed at my uni, you had to fill out an online form if someone was staying the night, but you could have whoever you wanted. Might be differnt now because of covid but you’re def allowed
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ordinarily it's allowed with no issue but due to the Covid laws it's not allowed atm
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stenj)
well government regulations clearly prohibit that right now.
Additionally all universities have policy that you cant break the law/bring university reputation into disrepute etc.
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Currently, it's banned under government guidelines.

Normally, it's allowed but depends on your uni. Some have forms or signing in/out systems. At my uni, there was nothing like that so you could have people over whenever you wanted. I have a feeling it was supposed to be limited to twice a week or something, but I know people who had their partners staying a lot longer than that and there was no way for the uni to tell.
Stenj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Desideri)
Currently, it's banned under government guidelines.

Normally, it's allowed but depends on your uni. Some have forms or signing in/out systems. At my uni, there was nothing like that so you could have people over whenever you wanted. I have a feeling it was supposed to be limited to twice a week or something, but I know people who had their partners staying a lot longer than that and there was no way for the uni to tell.
Ahhh thank you, I’m just checking because I don’t want to wait until second year, when I move into a private house with mates, to be able to have my partner stay over.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (459)
51.34%
No (435)
48.66%

Watched Threads