LauraBirchh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi!I'm deciding between going to NTU or MMU for Fashion business and management.
Both courses look incredible and i would be happy with either but i need to make a decision as to which i want to go to as my first choice. Im keen on the city life of Manchester and the large opportunities i could have, but i've heard Nottingham is a great place for students (I live in Dubai and was unable to visit either in the summer due to the pandemic)
If anyone who goes to either could drop a few pros and cons (such as cost of living/going out, student life etc) to help aid my decision then that would be great!Need to make my final decision soon
Thank you Laura
Last edited by LauraBirchh; 7 months ago
AmeliaR465
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LauraBirchh)
Hi!I'm deciding between going to NTU or MMU for Fashion business and management.
Both courses look incredible and i would be happy with either but i need to make a decision as to which i want to go to as my first choice. Im keen on the city life of Manchester and the large opportunities i could have, but i've heard Nottingham is a great place for students (I live in Dubai and was unable to visit either in the summer due to the pandemic)
If anyone who goes to either could drop a few pros and cons (such as cost of living/going out, student life etc) to help aid my decision then that would be great!Need to make my final decision soon
Thank you Laura
I have the exact same dilemma rn I cant choose!
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LauraBirchh)
Thank you Laura
I applied to both unis and Nottingham Trent seems way better! From the reputation to the area !
AmeliaR465
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
I applied to both unis and Nottingham Trent seems way better! From the reputation to the area !
I've always wanted to live in Manchester as it just seems like such a lively city and im worried Nottingham might be a bit boring in comparison and im not able to visit because of the virus so it's so hard to decide
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JoelyR)
I've always wanted to live in Manchester as it just seems like such a lively city and im worried Nottingham might be a bit boring in comparison and im not able to visit because of the virus so it's so hard to decide
I’ve heard Nottingham has got a very good nightlife and Manchester too
obrown212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’m from Manchester and I’ve applied for Nottingham Trent, Nottingham is a great city and the nightlife and the business opportunities are fantastic, even more so because it’s so central train wise. Don’t let Manchester’s big reputation put you off other places
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads