shiningfunkNsoul
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hii,

im making mindmaps for of mice and men for my english language GSCE but I cant link context to the characters.

For example I have that George is an intelligent person and quotes with explanation etc etc but I cant link it to context which I need to do to gain marks but no context seems to fit with any character traits. Idk if im just dumb or oblivious. Can anyone help?

thank you
Kt.Smith_25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
George represents the migrant workers. The author uses his intelligence and character to show that the American dream is unattainable or impossible to achieve. His contrast in intelligence with Lennie then emphasises upon the fact that the weak cannot survive in such a harsh world, hence why death is so common throughout the book, much like it would have been in the real world.

LOL we have literally only just finished this book at school!
Hope this helps
Kt.Smith_25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Also, just realised this wasn't just for George, Candy represents the weak, elderly and disabled. Crooks represent black people and disabled people, Candy's dog represents Candy and is the first sign that the weak do not survive. All of these characters then link to the fact that the American is unattainable to them because of their differences from the rich or "normal" people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads