Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi i’m in second year doing online learning and i am finding it very difficult to cope. I am crying every day multiple times a day and i am getting barely any sleep.
i have very limited communication with the uni. they don’t check in on us and we are expected to complete everything on time and as normal even tho we have constant worries about the pandemic.

i don’t want to leave my course. i loved it in first year i thought the tutorials were great and helped a lot.
everything is pre recorded with no opportunity to ask questions. we have been told the lecturers will not be responding to emails with responses to questions.

my mental health is really bad atm i’m constantly worrying about something - whether it be me or my family getting sick as they are all still working.

Am i able to repeat this year in september or just do the modules i haven’t done yet? what other options are there? has anyone got any advice?
Anonymous #1
i really wouldn’t want to do the entire year again as i’m half way finished. i feel that i haven’t completed my work to the best of my abilities due to being upset & constant worrying. does anyone know what my options are?
mike23mike
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes, you can repeat the year; universities will be understanding of your situation. You can seek the help of the students union. The 2nd year marks count towards your final mark so its best to repeat the year.
Anonymous #1
thank you, if i repeated the year does that mean i have to repeat every assignment in second year or can i keep the marks of the ones i have already achieved?
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thank you, if i repeated the year does that mean i have to repeat every assignment in second year or can i keep the marks of the ones i have already achieved?
I'm currently repeating a year because I had to leave part way through last year due to health reasons. I wasn't able to keep any of the marks I'd already achieved.

Also, I had to provide the uni with medical evidence to be allowed to repeat, but I imagine this is something that different unis have different rules on. It would be best to check with your uni's rules with your SU or personal tutor.
mike23mike
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi if you have to repeat the year then all modules will need to be retaken; whatever marks you have will be forfeit.
sunny2021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Desideri)
I'm currently repeating a year because I had to leave part way through last year due to health reasons. I wasn't able to keep any of the marks I'd already achieved.

Also, I had to provide the uni with medical evidence to be allowed to repeat, but I imagine this is something that different unis have different rules on. It would be best to check with your uni's rules with your SU or personal tutor.
I am also thinking of taking a medical leave of absence as I am not able to focus to complete any assignments. I am dealing with mental health problems and my university is aware of this. I have two questions, if you don't mind:
1) Could you tell me what type of medical evidence did you provide? Letter from a GP or more?
2) Do your marks from last year appear on your transcript even if you have to take all courses again?
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny2021)
I am also thinking of taking a medical leave of absence as I am not able to focus to complete any assignments. I am dealing with mental health problems and my university is aware of this. I have two questions, if you don't mind:
1) Could you tell me what type of medical evidence did you provide? Letter from a GP or more?
2) Do your marks from last year appear on your transcript even if you have to take all courses again?
I provided a letter from a hospital consultant, just because that's who was treating me at the time. I'm sure a GP letter would be fine.

My modules from last year do still appear on my HEAR and my online uni record, so I assume they'll also be on my transcript but I don't actually know.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi i’m in second year doing online learning and i am finding it very difficult to cope. I am crying every day multiple times a day and i am getting barely any sleep.
i have very limited communication with the uni. they don’t check in on us and we are expected to complete everything on time and as normal even tho we have constant worries about the pandemic.

i don’t want to leave my course. i loved it in first year i thought the tutorials were great and helped a lot.
everything is pre recorded with no opportunity to ask questions. we have been told the lecturers will not be responding to emails with responses to questions.

my mental health is really bad atm i’m constantly worrying about something - whether it be me or my family getting sick as they are all still working.

Am i able to repeat this year in september or just do the modules i haven’t done yet? what other options are there? has anyone got any advice?
If you pass this year, there is really no point to repeat it. Try to focus and progress through. Many people are in your situation.
sunny2021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Desideri)
I provided a letter from a hospital consultant, just because that's who was treating me at the time. I'm sure a GP letter would be fine.

My modules from last year do still appear on my HEAR and my online uni record, so I assume they'll also be on my transcript but I don't actually know.
Thank you, all the best to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (401)
52.15%
No (368)
47.85%

Watched Threads