politics AQA 25-mark questions

Watch this thread
Jameshodges2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

people who do AQA politics, can you please help mw with the 25 mark questions? I've only been getting in the high teens and I'm aiming for 23 plus out of 25, how do I get there?

Thank you!
l3078
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
These are the three areas that most people fall down on in the three assessment objectives.

AO1 (knowledge): make sure you're including relevant and accurate factual knowledge at the right places. Don't just give a date, name or place. Give a detailed case study and explain how it backs up or rejects the point being made.

AO2 (analysis): make synoptic links. This means to link to other areas of the study of politics. Try and refer to political ideas (conservatism, liberalism, etc) because the key thinkers will have theories that you will be able to explain in the context of your answer. Also, keep a good flow and organisation to your answer; don't jump between ideas and theories, perhaps do a paragraph on an issue and their areas of contest, rather than jumping between ideas.

AO3 (conclusion): ensure your conclusion is substantiated and you link your answer back to the question throughout your answer. Never finish a paragraph without stating where you stand on the issue and how the explanation and evidence you've given backs up your answer.

Keeping a PEEL structure to your paragraphs is an excellent way to ensure you've hit all of these.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (42)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (135)
50.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (68)
25.28%
It was TERRIBLE (24)
8.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed