history grade 9

Watch this thread
VentureCommunist
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
how can i revise history to get a grade 9?
Bts8484
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VentureCommunist)
how can i revise history to get a grade 9?
Learn content but u don’t need to learn everything.. use the spec and do lots of timed questions and get ur teachers to mark them. I went from getting 3/4s to a 9 in the real thing by doing this!! Also do essay plans
mhm...
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i currently do history at gcse level and although i'm not working at a grade 9 consistently, i do achieve 7 and 8s consistently this year.

the way i revise is by making mind maps only about the key events and individuals (i also have flashcards on these). I stick these mind maps on my wall so i can also subconsciously remember and learn them. As history is an essay based subject i mainly practice exam and essay technique so for each key event/individual i learn i do a timed practice question on it.

this is how i learn things so if it does or doesn't work for you depends on how you learn best, but good luck!!!
VentureCommunist
Rep:
(Original post by Bts8484)
Learn content but u don’t need to learn everything.. use the spec and do lots of timed questions and get ur teachers to mark them. I went from getting 3/4s to a 9 in the real thing by doing this!! Also do essay plans
ok thank you!
CaitlinDeCat
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So I capped 8 all year 11 in my mocks for history. I ended up getting a 9 in my final exams.
- I spent every morning doing 20 minutes of history quizlets and rope learning the facts
- I sat down with my teacher and really learnt how to write a conclusion that would get me into level 4 since this is normally the deciding factor
- Don't bother trying to remember facts your not going to remember, but don't do this too often
- Learn how to be clever with the way you write
- Always be positive, because as soon as you break your shell you start losing marks, It's better to be confident in what you wrote rather than doubtful.
VentureCommunist
Rep:
(Original post by CaitlinDeCat)
So I capped 8 all year 11 in my mocks for history. I ended up getting a 9 in my final exams.
- I spent every morning doing 20 minutes of history quizlets and rope learning the facts
- I sat down with my teacher and really learnt how to write a conclusion that would get me into level 4 since this is normally the deciding factor
- Don't bother trying to remember facts your not going to remember, but don't do this too often
- Learn how to be clever with the way you write
- Always be positive, because as soon as you break your shell you start losing marks, It's better to be confident in what you wrote rather than doubtful.
If you don't mind me asking what does a level 4 conclusion look like briefly?
CaitlinDeCat
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VentureCommunist)
If you don't mind me asking what does a level 4 conclusion look like briefly?
Gosh, I need to think back a few years.
- Complex analysis and evaluation
- Lots of linking
- Normally bringing in something new you haven't spoken about yet to justify yourself even further
- Always consider why someone else may think differently but make sure your point overrides this
- Looking at the limitations of sources (often not talked about)
- Just making sure everything is relevant and in order also

The best thing to do is have a look at the mark scheme and some example work
History I found was much more of a mental game for me if I'm honest. I found I had to really try hard to get a 9 in history compared to geography and it was about keeping myself involved in the longer questions. (I got a 9 in both).
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
flashcards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads