What do you think will happen to 2022 A Level Exams?

Watch
Equil9nityp
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello! With 2020 and 2021 exams being cancelled what do you think will happen to the 2022 a level exams??
1hpremaining
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
probably nothing...? covid shouldn't be an issue anymore come 2022 (at least i hope so ) so there will be no reasons for students to miss significant periods of time or schools to shut like they have during the pandemic. therefore there won't need to be adjustments to exams except perhaps a slight course reduction to help students who will miss a significant amount of school time in 2021.
Matt404
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m no expert, but I cannot see them being cancelled again.
The issue for current year 11/13’s is that they’ve been learning from home for pretty much half of the course content (March-July 2020, Jan-March 2021), so the disparities in performance due to different learning environments would have been massive.
For current year 10/12’s, they’ll have been at home for maybe 3 months, which will have an impact, but it won’t be nearly as big as for their older counterparts (especially considering exams were due to go ahead in 2021 until the third lockdown).
I’d imagine they’ll do what they were going to do this year, in that grade boundaries will be dropped to prevent the cohort being disadvantaged. Something like 50% exam 50% predicted grade could also be used.
Again though, nobody can know until they announce it, which, knowing this government, will probably be about 2 weeks before the exams
SaraGirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Equil9nityp)
Hello! With 2020 and 2021 exams being cancelled what do you think will happen to the 2022 a level exams??
To be honest, you would probably have to sit your exams in 2022, at least you should hope. With the vaccine already being distributed , hopefully things start to look better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (42)
25.45%
Unhappy (44)
26.67%
Conflicted (79)
47.88%

Watched Threads