ayeerhsx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How is the Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design? I've read that this particular school is reputable and is one of the best in Europe.
student.hdache
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ayeerhsx)
How is the Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design? I've read that this particular school is reputable and is one of the best in Europe.
It sort of depends what course you're looking at doing - but from personal experience I would say that no, it's definitely not
ayeerhsx
Rep:
?
i'm looking at studying media management
student.hdache
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh in that case might be good! Got no clue about media management but I know there are major issues with their media production oriented courses (like film, tv, or contemporary media practice)
Debbie Ball
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey there, are you looking to do the MA in Media Management? I did the Social Media, Culture and Society MA at Westminster, so can vouch for the media and comms classes I did as part of that being very savvy and relevant. I say that coming from the industry side of things - I work in music pr - and feel like my work's benefitted a lot from doing the course. All the teachers are very on it and approachable, really enjoyed the whole year
ayeerhsx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Debbie Ball)
Hey there, are you looking to do the MA in Media Management? I did the Social Media, Culture and Society MA at Westminster, so can vouch for the media and comms classes I did as part of that being very savvy and relevant. I say that coming from the industry side of things - I work in music pr - and feel like my work's benefitted a lot from doing the course. All the teachers are very on it and approachable, really enjoyed the whole year
Yes! the MA in Media Management, for this year september!
Debbie Ball
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes! the MA in Media Management, for this year september!
Nice! Well the next best thing to do is have a Zoom or Skype with the course leader and then you can get a better, fuller idea of what you'd potentially be getting into. Also they'd say how they structure the course and how much overlap the modules have with the Media and Communications MA? I was always quite bowled over by how much extra time and support the staff gave me during the MA - which as you can imagine was invaluable, seeing as I completed the second half during the pandemic.

As per the other posts above, I have zero idea what the practical media MAs are like. But I do know that Westminster has excellent links with the media industry, so you'd imagine you'd be able to set up work experience easily to compliment the study
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.14%
No (619)
50.86%

Watched Threads