The Student Room Group

Can I switch unis after I start the course?

So I’ve read a few articles on this topic but I can’t seem to find one clear answer. If I start at a uni but end up disliking it is it possible to change to a completely different uni as long as they have space and agree??? How would this affect accommodation/tuition fees? Has anyone done this?
Original post by Georgia1201
So I’ve read a few articles on this topic but I can’t seem to find one clear answer. If I start at a uni but end up disliking it is it possible to change to a completely different uni as long as they have space and agree??? How would this affect accommodation/tuition fees? Has anyone done this?

So it’s possible to transfer but is certainly not guaranteed and I would never recommend going to uni in the uk with the idea of transferring, its a recipe for disappointment.

You basically have to do it at the end of an academic year, so you would only pay fees for 1 institution/ year. The other thing is basically highly improbable to do so after first year and the uni you wish to move to may still require you to start from year 1 anyway. Its also very hard to upgrade university, you may find you are very limited on choice of university to transfer to. If the courses are accredited for certain modules, it may not be possible at all.

Accommodation is separate to academics you sort out whatever accommodation you want.
mnot has covered this well, but just as a note, on the accommodation front, most universities don't have halls, or will have very limited hall space for non-first years. So, it's likely you'd have to find a random private rental property. Just something to bear in mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending