The Student Room Group

Running and overeating

I’m trying to loose weight atm, usually i do 20mins of HIIT or 20mins of resistance band training whilst eating 1500 calories and i feel good and satisfied doing that, today i ran a 5k (i just spontaneously decided to try and do it and it took me 40mins tho which isn’t great but i’m ok with it as it was my very first time with no training) but i ate like ate 1800, that should be fine? just one day and it’s the day before my period too.
ik it’ll be fine (right?) like i wouldn’t gain anything i just need to get out of that guilt mindset
i overate due to having an extra apple, peanuts, carrots, hummus so tjay can’t be toooo bad?
(edited 3 years ago)
You’ll be fine
Reply 2
When I stopped dieting I ended up losing more weight lmao you’ll be fine - apples are negative calories as your body burns more calories digesting them then the amount of calories in them
Reply 3
You can eat 100 apples and never gain weight, so let urself have those extra apples and cucumbers
Original post by Yacinemer
When I stopped dieting I ended up losing more weight lmao you’ll be fine - apples are negative calories as your body burns more calories digesting them then the amount of calories in them

Original post by Yacinemer
You can eat 100 apples and never gain weight, so let urself have those extra apples and cucumbers

Well you see that's actually not true to an extent you need to be in a calorie deficit still regardless of what you eat and 100 apples will definitely push you into a calorie surplus unless you manage to burn off the of thousands of calories. As for the "negative calories," this isn't true. There is no evidence to support that apples or etc are "negative calories" the chewing and digestion will only be a fraction of the calories consumed and will not cancel out everything you've eaten.

As for OP 1800 Kcals is still a deficit you'll be fine don't stress and punish yourself for it, if you're struggling to keep the diet its time to start looking into lower calorie-dense options. Peanuts are great don't get me wrong and a good source of healthy fats but the amount of food you get for the calories isn't worth it. To put into perspective 100g of peanuts is 500-600 calories whereas, a pizza made with a tortilla wrap and toppings can around the same if not lower and it is more filling. But granted you're on your period and this is when you can get cravings so just satisfy them in moderation and look for low-calorie dense meals which you can make that will satisfy the hunger more.

Quick Reply

Latest