The Student Room Group

relationships

Scroll to see replies

The thing is I was never aware of any of this till a few months later. It is also the things that happened between him that made the situation worse. I am the one who told him to cut the girl off as I made it clear I was not comfortable with it. Even then he decided that he owed the girl an explanation rather than respecting me. He never really changed how he spoke to her and they continued to remain friends. The girl never respected that he had a girlfriend either
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is I was never aware of any of this till a few months later. It is also the things that happened between him that made the situation worse. I am the one who told him to cut the girl off as I made it clear I was not comfortable with it. Even then he decided that he owed the girl an explanation rather than respecting me. He never really changed how he spoke to her and they continued to remain friends. The girl never respected that he had a girlfriend either

Did the boy used to tell you at school that he was friends with the girl because if he did it clearly means he had nothing to hide, and i mean if they was close friends for a few months of course the girl did deserve some sort of explination not just a instant block. If after he blocked her he still remained friends with her and still despite being blocked was talking to her consistently then their is a issue but i don't see why after he blocked her he would still remain close friends with her despite you telling him to block her. Overall though going back to the main point you shouldn't have trust issues with your man as he now knows its wrong to get a girl who he gets really close to as with me myself i had to learn from past mistakes which has happened with my girl for e.g. i had a girl friend who was my bestmate and without realising it was hurting my girl which is why i never have girl bestmates
Original post by stimpay352
Did the boy used to tell you at school that he was friends with the girl because if he did it clearly means he had nothing to hide, and i mean if they was close friends for a few months of course the girl did deserve some sort of explination not just a instant block. If after he blocked her he still remained friends with her and still despite being blocked was talking to her consistently then their is a issue but i don't see why after he blocked her he would still remain close friends with her despite you telling him to block her. Overall though going back to the main point you shouldn't have trust issues with your man as he now knows its wrong to get a girl who he gets really close to as with me myself i had to learn from past mistakes which has happened with my girl for e.g. i had a girl friend who was my bestmate and without realising it was hurting my girl which is why i never have girl bestmates

What you did is exactly what my boyfriend did to me which is why I can completely understand why ur gf was hurt. The thing is there was things that happened like his friends would tell him to date that girl, they would make her sit in his lap and hug and take photos, at parties they would always make them be together and then people would come up to me saying ‘oh ur man is cheating on ur’ etc and those kind of comments really did the damage. Even if they weren’t true, he knew about those comments and never tried to clear them up

I agree with you to a point but like I said previously why shouldn’t you be friends, if you aren’t putting each other in danger? If someone is not letting you be friends with somebody without an extremely valid reason, it’s a mild form of coercive control which is illegal in England and Wales
Ok but the girl literally
Told my bf she likes him and that clearly shows she had no repsect for that he already had a gf and tried to be w him???
And it’s only one girl I made him cut off for valid reasons
Ok but the girl literally
Told my bf she likes him and that clearly shows she had no repsect for that he already had a gf and tried to be w him???
And it’s only one girl I made him cut off for valid reasons

Yeah I’m not saying that it’s a nice situation to be in, it’s horrible, but that’s not the point it doesn’t matter it wouldn’t be classed as a proper reason. If she’s not hurting physically or mentally only he has the right to choose if he wants to talk to her or not. You’re saying this but it’s coming from her, all relationships have their tests, you must mean something if you’ve been together this long.
What you did is exactly what my boyfriend did to me which is why I can completely understand why ur gf was hurt. The thing is there was things that happened like his friends would tell him to date that girl, they would make her sit in his lap and hug and take photos, at parties they would always make them be together and then people would come up to me saying ‘oh ur man is cheating on ur’ etc and those kind of comments really did the damage. Even if they weren’t true, he knew about those comments and never tried to clear them up

If its coming from other people and not your man like the hugging and these comments then its not your mans fault at all if anything you should talk to him about it and he should have a valid explination for why it all happened
He allowed her to hug him, sit in his lap, amd all those kind of things amd when I ask for an explanation he says he was ‘immature’ that’s not an excuse to hurt someone’s feelings for a very long time
Yeah I’m not saying that it’s a nice situation to be in, it’s horrible, but that’s not the point it doesn’t matter it wouldn’t be classed as a proper reason. If she’s not hurting physically or mentally only he has the right to choose if he wants to talk to her or not. You’re saying this but it’s coming from her, all relationships have their tests, you must mean something if you’ve been together this long.

If u have a gf and she doesn’t approve of something for reasons, out of respect u would cut the person off as ur partners feelings should be a priority over anyone else
If u have a gf and she doesn’t approve of something for reasons, out of respect u would cut the person off as ur partners feelings should be a priority over anyone else

No I wouldn’t, i would speak to my partner about, I would let the other person know if and when they over stepped the mark. Im female and I actually quite like when guys have female friends and vice versa. And if thing were still the same and not improving I’d end it. I’d rather be single, because I knew whatever I did wouldn’t be good enough and could potentially get toxic and that’s not healthy for either party
He allowed her to hug him, sit in his lap, amd all those kind of things amd when I ask for an explanation he says he was ‘immature’ that’s not an excuse to hurt someone’s feelings for a very long time

If he was 14/15 at the time i see this as valid being a boy, what i dont see is valid is if he goes and repeats this again once he has learnt from his mistake
No I wouldn’t, i would speak to my partner about, I would let the other person know if and when they over stepped the mark. Im female and I actually quite like when guys have female friends and vice versa. And if thing were still the same and not improving I’d end it. I’d rather be single, because I knew whatever I did wouldn’t be good enough and could potentially get toxic and that’s not healthy for either party

I don’t have issues with guys having girl mates too but if something happens to mess with ur trust and it causes uncomfort for u then it is valid
If he was 14/15 at the time i see this as valid being a boy, what i dont see is valid is if he goes and repeats this again once he has learnt from his mistake

Even now he has female friends which is fine but most of them cross the line like calling him late night
Or turning up at his house till 11pm or acting flirty with him and I’m sure if ur girlfriend saw girls acting like that with you, she wouldn’t like it

I told him recently to tell another girl to keep a distance with him as she really
Started to cross the line and he did but she did not take the hint and kept acting how she was before and my bf sees nothing wrong with it and acts defensive

Some people are naturally touchy feely take joe swash for example he kiss pretty much everyone on the lips it’s just the way he is, but once his partner Stacey realised there was nothing to it she didn’t have a problem with it. The problem is is that you are judging people by your standards, when you get older you’ll realise more that people standards vary greatly.

I don’t have issues with guys having girl mates too but if something happens to mess with ur trust and it causes uncomfort for u then it is valid

The point your missing is that you’re the one with the problem with it, he isn’t your therapist tho and if I was in your position I wouldn’t stay with someone would I didn’t trust no more. I would end it and work on my issues before getting into other relationship.
The point your missing is that you’re the one with the problem with it, he isn’t your therapist tho and if I was in your position I wouldn’t stay with someone would I didn’t trust no more. I would end it and work on my issues before getting into other relationship.

Clearly you haven’t been in a relationship and experienced these things which is why you’re contradicting my points. My issue is I don’t trust other girls bc of my past experiences and I never said he is my therapist
Even now he has female friends which is fine but most of them cross the line like calling him late night
Or turning up at his house till 11pm or acting flirty with him and I’m sure if ur girlfriend saw girls acting like that with you, she wouldn’t like it

Turning up at his house for no reason at 11PM??? and late night calls isn't bad as long as theirs no flirting
Turning up at his house for no reason at 11PM??? and late night calls isn't bad as long as theirs no flirting

The issue is the girl is flirting and asks him to say ily and **** LOL
1 minute ago
And she thinks it’s jokes Ans funny but I don’t find it funny at all. She asks him to add him to her favourites so she can call whenever she likes
Thank you for actually undestanding where I’m coming from. My bf gets annoyed whenever I bring it up but it’s evident it kinda affected me. Whenever I see him with his female friends that same fear comes back which I don’t want to and when I explain this he comes up with *****y answers
Clearly you haven’t been in a relationship and experienced these things which is why you’re contradicting my points. My issue is I don’t trust other girls bc of my past experiences and I never said he is my therapist

I’m not saying thats what you’ve said, there’s clearly an issue if you’re putting it on here. No I just don’t put up with it if there’s something I’m not happy about. I don’t expect somebody to change for me and vice versa. I think we’ve got to agree to disagree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending