Unit 6- How changes to funding impact the NHS and how market forces make use of fundi

Watch this thread
Jade1313x
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I’m stuck on access to midwife diploma-Unit 6. How changes to funding impact the NHS and how the introduction of market forces have attempted to make more affective use of funding?

Any ideal or explanation please?
I would be really grateful for a point in the right direction please? ☺️
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
You'd probably do better posting in the study help sections than here for an answer to this question
As a matter of interest, to attempt to answer a part of it, which funding changes are you referring to?

On the last bit though, the general mantra is market forces weed out uncompetitive and overpriced suppliers/contractors etc etc. thus letting them bid for access to the NHS's massive market should, in theory, drive down prices and improve standards. Whether it has/does do this is debatable though. Not least because allowing people to bid for any form of contract (take trains, construction etc.) they always underbid, underprovide and have massive cost over runs. Although the last bit might just be my cynicism showing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (86)
67.19%
No (29)
22.66%
I didn't use it to prepare (13)
10.16%

Watched Threads