The Student Room Group

Love and hate degree

What do you do if you do well in your degree but you love and hate it and have gone back to it multiple times has it happen to anyone else would love to hear other people's stories about university. went to social work then went to social science left then went back - i can't stick to any career eventually i lose interest in the career.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi there,

While I don't have much experience in this, what I can suggest is maybe asking yourself what it is that keeps making you go back and then eventually tiring from it? There may be something specific about social work / sciences that you really enjoy and maybe you need to target that specific area a lot more rather than being broad. Another option would be to take a step back and really think about what it is that you enjoy doing and what further education you would genuinely enjoy to study for a long period of time. It could be that right now is not the best time for your education and maybe something you need to take a break from until you're 100% ready to put your all into it!
A couple years before I started my degree I am currently doing, I applied and got accepted onto a degree that I loved but it just wasn't the right time for me to be going to university and so dropped out. Something didn't feel totally right about the situation; not sure if I was fully invested in further education at the time. Giving myself a couple years out, then I realised that yes, I still wanted to study psychology and applied for another degree (that I'm currently doing) and have never looked back. Sometimes you need to remove yourself from something and spend some time with yourself, learning what it really is you want to do with your life!

Toni,
Student Ambassador
Original post by Maddison1901
What do you do if you do well in your degree but you love and hate it and have gone back to it multiple times has it happen to anyone else would love to hear other people's stories about university. went to social work then went to social science left then went back - i can't stick to any career eventually i lose interest in the career.

So what are you doing right now? Perhaps university isn't the best place for you right now, and focus on getting work experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending