I made a mistake :(

Watch
This discussion is closed.
username5602198
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Im 15 and 6 months ago I had got my first debit card with Lloyds . I had saw someone on social media saying how they can give you money and me being stupid I asked them if the money was legit and they said it was . I asked them what I had to do and all the asked for what my details ( i am with Lloyds) so a few days later they told me to look into my account . I tried to log in but it said that my account had been suspended . So I called Lloyds and they said that there had been transactions in my account and that it has been written up as fraud so they have put my account into closure and my account is now being closed . They then said how I will no longer be able to get a new account with Lloyds and I had to go to another bank but that it will show on my record that fraud was accepted into my account ( even though I didn’t know the money was fraudulent and I wasn’t the one who did it , it was someone else ). I have to go with my parents because I am under the age of 16 and my parents don’t know what has happened , they just think someone has hacked into my account and done fraud on it . is there any advice you can give me and any banks you can give me that will accept me and give me another bank account?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by unknown737)
Hi Im 15 and 6 months ago I had got my first debit card with Lloyds . I had saw someone on social media saying how they can give you money and me being stupid I asked them if the money was legit and they said it was . I asked them what I had to do and all the asked for what my details ( i am with Lloyds) so a few days later they told me to look into my account . I tried to log in but it said that my account had been suspended . So I called Lloyds and they said that there had been transactions in my account and that it has been written up as fraud so they have put my account into closure and my account is now being closed . They then said how I will no longer be able to get a new account with Lloyds and I had to go to another bank but that it will show on my record that fraud was accepted into my account ( even though I didn’t know the money was fraudulent and I wasn’t the one who did it , it was someone else ). I have to go with my parents because I am under the age of 16 and my parents don’t know what has happened , they just think someone has hacked into my account and done fraud on it . is there any advice you can give me and any banks you can give me that will accept me and give me another bank account?
You've got a CIFAS marker. No mainstream provider of financial products will touch you for the next 6 years...

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'm afraid you brought this on yourself.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Prepaid cards or something is about your only chance. People might suggest monzo but they now check people for cifas markers so ignore that suggestion.
username5602198
Rep:
?
What do you mean by mainstream provider of financial products?
username5602198
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
You've got a CIFAS marker. No mainstream provider of financial products will touch you for the next 6 years...

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'm afraid you brought this on yourself.
What if I got a scam message thinking it was from Lloyds when it wasn’t and it was a scammer and I put my details thinking that it was Lloyds and I’ve deleted the message. will Lloyds be able to help me if I got to them instead of calling them ?
username5602198
Rep:
?

And is there anyway I can get rid of the Cifas marker ?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean by mainstream provider of financial products?
Banks, credit card companies, phone companies, basically anything that requires a credit check....

What if I got a scam message thinking it was from Lloyds when it wasn’t and it was a scammer and I put my details thinking that it was Lloyds and I’ve deleted the message. will Lloyds be able to help me if I got to them instead of calling them ?
That's not what happened though.

And is there anyway I can get rid of the Cifas marker ?
Nope.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But that’s not what happened....
so you’re trying to claim you didn’t commit fraud by committing more fraud?

Unfortunately as said, if it sounds to good to be true, it generally is.
CIFAS marker will stay for 6 years.

Some prepaid cards will allow you an account.
tjames988
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You'll have a CIFAS marker, which in short means banks are very unlikely to accept you. The whole point of it is that the marker shows a fraud warning to the banks, it doesn't matter if you did this with the intent of not, from the banks perspective if you have fallen for fraud once you may again and that includes even if you claim it wasn't your fault (or you didnt know what you were doing)
username5602198
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
But that’s not what happened....
so you’re trying to claim you didn’t commit fraud by committing more fraud?

Unfortunately as said, if it sounds to good to be true, it generally is.
CIFAS marker will stay for 6 years.

Some prepaid cards will allow you an account.
What’s a prepaid card and do you know any places that will accept me ?
username5602198
Rep:
?
(Original post by tjames988)
You'll have a CIFAS marker, which in short means banks are very unlikely to accept you. The whole point of it is that the marker shows a fraud warning to the banks, it doesn't matter if you did this with the intent of not, from the banks perspective if you have fallen for fraud once you may again and that includes even if you claim it wasn't your fault (or you didnt know what you were doing)
So I won’t be able to get any other card ? Because I called Lloyds and they referred me to the fraud department and they said they could reconsider but I need to apply for another one . I’m going to the bank tomorrow to see what I can do .
username5602198
Rep:
?
Banks, credit card companies, phone companies, basically anything that requires a credit check....

That's not what happened though.

Nope.
I know that’s not what happened but I’m just saying because that happened to one of my friends and she got another account so is there any way I can get another account ?
username5602198
Rep:
?
I know that’s not what happened but I’m just saying because that happened to one of my friends and she got another account so is there any way I can get another account ?
Also what’s a credit check ?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. It's quite simple. You're now a known fraudster.
username5602198
Rep:
?
But it wasn’t me , it was someone else and I told the bank that
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But it wasn’t me , it was someone else and I told the bank that
False. You were complicit. Your OP confirms that.
username5602198
Rep:
?
False. You were complicit. Your OP confirms that.
What do you mean by complicit and what is an OP
tjames988
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I won’t be able to get any other card ? Because I called Lloyds and they referred me to the fraud department and they said they could reconsider but I need to apply for another one . I’m going to the bank tomorrow to see what I can do .
You could do but much less likely, I'm not too sure but generally banks don't accept people with them
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You say in the first post on this thread that you are 15.

If this is true, I think that you need to talk to your parents about what has happened.

I can't quite fathom out exactly what you have done, but at 15, you aren't an adult and I think that you need the advice and support of someone who is, preferably your parents.

If they are at home now, it might help you to tell them what you have done this evening.
username5602198
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
You say in the first post on this thread that you are 15.

If this is true, I think that you need to talk to your parents about what has happened.

I can't quite fathom out exactly what you have done, but at 15, you aren't an adult and I think that you need the advice and support of someone who is, preferably your parents.

If they are at home now, it might help you to tell them what you have done this evening.
Yeah I am 15 and I’ve told them , and it happened on Thursday last week . what do I do now ? Because when I called them and asked them if there was a specific name or what has been put on ( to see if they have put a cifas) and they said no that their is only a reference saying my previous account has accepted fraud , nothing about a cifas marker
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.44%
Live streaming events (50)
8.67%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.36%
A uni comparison tool (134)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.18%