tayham gora
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i'm studying english language of As level. I am unable to do the commentary section. Like i can find out the points made by the author but don't seem to find out why those points are made. Thanks in advance
sevoavia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you mind elaborating out on what problems exactly are you facing?? I found what you wrote quite unclear atm
tayham gora
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sevoavia)
do you mind elaborating out on what problems exactly are you facing?? I found what you wrote quite unclear atm
the commentary. i can't elaborate my answer. for example if i am to talk about a personification that is used, i am unable to write the effect of it.
sevoavia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ahhh i see! You can consider searching 'what is the effect of personification/simile/anaphora?' on Google! I did that last time when I first started taking Literature and it really helped.

You can approach the commentary from a more surface-level effect to a deeper one (not sure if this makes sense).

Personification: it creates a vivid mental image of sth, which adds a degree of agency to the idea that sth sth sth

I found it quite hard to show u how to do it since I don't know exactly what you're analysing. If you want, feel free to dm me an excerpt of the text you're analysing and I'm more than demonstrate to you how to write an analysis!
tayham gora
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sevoavia)
ahhh i see! You can consider searching 'what is the effect of personification/simile/anaphora?' on Google! I did that last time when I first started taking Literature and it really helped.

You can approach the commentary from a more surface-level effect to a deeper one (not sure if this makes sense).

Personification: it creates a vivid mental image of sth, which adds a degree of agency to the idea that sth sth sth

I found it quite hard to show u how to do it since I don't know exactly what you're analysing. If you want, feel free to dm me an excerpt of the text you're analysing and I'm more than demonstrate to you how to write an analysis!
ohh okay. ill send you a text for sure in some time and sorry for the late reply. Thank yoiu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads