Likkleman lol
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just done the entry exams for HWSF and I did very good, i probably got full marks in Spanish, and missed out a question or two for maths but roughly guessed the answer. The thing is I moved to London this Summer and when I tried applying to sixth forms they said it was too late so I’m basically wasting a year because it was late and I’m now at college but I can still join sixth form because I’m one of the youngest in my year. So after I did the exams I saw people saying that you need at least a 7 on the subject your doing, and because we didn’t get to do our GCSEs my predicted grades were bad because they were based of those year 6 exams which I didn’t do because I moved to the country in year 8, if I did good on the entry exams which as I’ve said before I feel that I did very very good, but have mainly 4-5, and a 6 in maths because I told my school that that was ridiculous so they changed my target to a 6. Would I still get a place there?
Last edited by Likkleman lol; 1 month ago
Ting07251997
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Likkleman lol)
I have just done the entry exams for HWSF and I did very good, i probably got full marks in Spanish, and missed out a question or two for maths but roughly guessed the answer. The thing is I moved to London this Summer and when I tried applying to sixth forms they said it was too late so I’m basically wasting a year because it was late and I’m now at college but I can still join sixth form because I’m one of the youngest in my year. So after I did the exams I saw people saying that you need at least a 7 on the subject your doing, and because we didn’t get to do our GCSEs my predicted grades were bad because they were based of those year 6 exams which I didn’t do because I moved to the country in year 8, if I did good on the entry exams which as I’ve said before I feel that I did very very good, but have mainly 4-5, and a 6 in maths because I told my school that that was ridiculous so they changed my target to a 6. Would I still get a place there?
First of all well done on performing so well on your entrance exam, I have a former student from Harris Westminster. From what I remember if you performed really well in the entrance exam then you would have a high chance to be invited to an interview. The score on the interview i think is weighted more compare to the entrance exam. And if you perform well on the interview then you would have a conditional offer, but this is mostly subject to you getting 6 or above on GCSE on top of this 7-9 on the subject chosen for A-level. Though there may consider special circumstances if you performed extremely well in the interview.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, what were the maths questions like? Did you find them hard?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Likkleman lol)
Hey, what were the maths questions like - did you find them hard?
PRODIGYCHILD
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 021305)
Do you mean further maths because that’s the one I did.
Likkleman lol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ting07251997)
First of all well done on performing so well on your entrance exam, I have a former student from Harris Westminster. From what I remember if you performed really well in the entrance exam then you would have a high chance to be invited to an interview. The score on the interview i think is weighted more compare to the entrance exam. And if you perform well on the interview then you would have a conditional offer, but this is mostly subject to you getting 6 or above on GCSE on top of this 7-9 on the subject chosen for A-level. Though there may consider special circumstances if you performed extremely well in the interview.
Thank you very much, I was worried but thank you😊
Likkleman lol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 021305)
The only one which I didn’t get was the coordinates question, that’s the only thing which I’m not familiar with, but the rest was alright
certi_db
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you have any advise for the interview? What type of questions would they ask for a biology interview?
Likkleman lol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by certi_db)
Do you have any advise for the interview? What type of questions would they ask for a biology interview?
No clue m8, I have my interview on the 12th, just show them that u like it a lot and they will ask u a couple questions about the subject no matter if u get right or wrong just show them that your interested in the subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (126)
53.62%
No (109)
46.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise