Regina222
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HI,
I moved to this country to live with my dad permanently and already got my settled stay. by the first day of my course I would have live in England for 2 and half year. so my question is, am I eligibility for student finances, because the course am going to do is for 5 year.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Regina222)
HI,
I moved to this country to live with my dad permanently and already got my settled stay. by the first day of my course I would have live in England for 2 and half year. so my question is, am I eligibility for student finances, because the course am going to do is for 5 year.
Hi Regina,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Regina222
Rep:
1. Ucl, mechanical engineering Kingston university, mechanical engineering Dmu university, mechanical engineering Brunel university, mechanical engineering Portsmouth university, mechanical engineering 2. 18 years old3. Family member of an EU citizen, am a Nigerian. Indefinite leave to remain/enter. 2 and a half year.4. GCSE maths and English, Level 3 Btec 90 credit diploma in engineering, And currently Btec extended diploma in engineering.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
1. Ucl, mechanical engineering Kingston university, mechanical engineering Dmu university, mechanical engineering Brunel university, mechanical engineering Portsmouth university, mechanical engineering 2. 18 years old3. Family member of an EU citizen, am a Nigerian. Indefinite leave to remain/enter. 2 and a half year.4. GCSE maths and English, Level 3 Btec 90 credit diploma in engineering, And currently Btec extended diploma in engineering.
You will need to meet the criteria here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/studying...or-eu-students

As per the gov guidance,
You’ll need:

evidence of your pre-settled status
evidence of your identity
evidence of your family member’s identity
evidence of your relationship with your family member
evidence that you have lived in the UK, Gibraltar, EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland for at least the last 3 years before your course starts
Migrant or frontier worker

If you have only have been here for 2.5 years when your course starts then you won't be eligible for funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Regina222
Rep:
Should I take a gap year and then apply next year so that i will be eligible for student loans? Or if my parents pay for the first year of my degree. will I be eligible for 2,3,4 and 5 years of my course.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Should I take a gap year and then apply next year so that i will be eligible for student loans? Or if my parents pay for the first year of my degree. will I be eligible for 2,3,4 and 5 years of my course.
You must be eligible from the first day of the first academic year of your course, so if you are not eligible in your first year then you won't be eligible for the duration.

You must make sure to have the 3 years residency/valid status to be eligible.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (147)
42%
Not yet, but I will soon (63)
18%
No (140)
40%

Watched Threads