MuggyHarbour
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could advise on which schools will be the best for soccer. My University in the UK is partnered with the following US Schools so it would have to be out of those options.

I am going to the University of Swansea in the UK and studying a 4-year Software Engineering course with a study year abroad. Soccer is my main sport so I would like to go to an American school that plays a good amount of soccer. I know that Football is the main sport there but if anyone knows the best soccer universities I would appreciate it.

I was looking at either going to Florida State University or California State University Los Angeles. But any others I would happily look into.

Thank you for any help.

ry7xsfa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
NCAA D1 is supposed to be the highest level of competitive sports in the US at College level. But I don't know if that's the kind of thing you mean. If you want to play competitively, you'll also need to think about whether or not you'll actually make the team.

Here is the complete list of D1 soccer schools:

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-socc...ion-1-colleges
MuggyHarbour
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ry7xsfa)
NCAA D1 is supposed to be the highest level of competitive sports in the US at College level. But I don't know if that's the kind of thing you mean. If you want to play competitively, you'll also need to think about whether or not you'll actually make the team.

Here is the complete list of D1 soccer schools:

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-socc...ion-1-colleges
Thank you for that. I play at a high level now and have watched quite a few D1 games on Youtube. I know it's not the same but from watching them and then watching the teams I play against I am quite confident I would get in the team at least as a substitute.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads