Why is it difficult letting go of unwanted habit

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello , I always talk about this issue on here cause the feed back some times help me. Anyway I’ve been trying to get rid of the habit of not being addicted to social media I deleted/uninstall many apps . Which is skout, WhatsApp , Kik , Snapchat, telegram,Twitter and game apps I deleted too.

For some reason I just can’t delete Facebook and Instagram off my phone it’s like I’m stuck on it . I keep up with people I don’t know personally I always have their page in the search bar to view their page on Facebook . I deleted insta -stalker app and the re downloaded the app . Just to view people Instagram that don’t follow my page . Two people blocked me from viewing their page on Instagram . So I made another Instagram account so I could view the person page on Insta stalker . Also this female pictures I used to use to catfish people . I still look on her page and friends pages . I know who she is because we went to the same school . She doesn’t know who I am . Most of the people pages that I look at I either went to school with them and they don’t know who I am . Some I view from the media . I have a real problem . I’m trying to over come this non sense . I even limit being on the phone . I feel so stuck
tinycat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's definitely tough since we are in 2021 and especially now more than ever we are attached to our phones. I've been where you are before and I think the best thing you can do is just delete everything completely. For me I deleted everything apart from Whatsapp, so I can still keep in touch with my friends but I'm not indulging in other socials anymore. I honestly don't think that social media is very good for anybody. My advice is to delete everything apart from Whatsapp and maybe spend more time doing other things. For example you could watch youtube or do some online browsing at stuff you're interested in. Anything that would waste the time you used to spend on social medias. Maybe even do some drawing or listen to music. It may not be easy at first, but trust me once you're away from unneeded social medias you'll see the positive change. Just persevere and don't give into the temptations. I know it's really hard because you want to keep updated with the latest posts, but honestly you don't need to and trust me when I say it's refreshing to not feel so glued to your phone. Hope this helps you and feel free to ask for any more advice if you need it.
Anonymous #1
tinycat
Yeah that’s true what you said how people is attached to their phones since this whole covid 19 virus . I been addicted way before that in 2013 when I started to catfish it was so hard to break free from catfishing . I’m glad that I overcame that and I don’t do that anymore . It’s just that I’m trying to not be addicted to social media no more and yes I deleted most of the apps I had over the past few months and years . I took Instagram off my phone yesterday and it’s depressing I felt like giving into the temptation . I’m glad I didn’t also I’m having a hard time not be on Twitter even though I uninstalled the app a while ago . It’s like I had/have social media as entertainment cause I don’t have any hobbies I did start drawing I’m not consistent with what I start or do. I get bored so fast. Social media is the longest addiction I ever had SMH.
Anonymous #1
tinycat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads