Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As the title says, I would like to go to SOAS for a LLB degree but worried about all the negative press like anti-semitism, restriction of free speech, financial instability, bad admin. Love the courses though and the very passionate professors. Could you give some insight into how SOAS is handling the situation and if it can stay afloat post the pandemic?
SOAS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As the title says, I would like to go to SOAS for a LLB degree but worried about all the negative press like anti-semitism, restriction of free speech, financial instability, bad admin. Love the courses though and the very passionate professors. Could you give some insight into how SOAS is handling the situation and if it can stay afloat post the pandemic?
Hello,

You can read the latest statement on our finances here. I hope this helps!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SOAS)
Hello,

You can read the latest statement on our finances here. I hope this helps!
Thank you, it did ease my worries a bit
SOAS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there, I'm currently a second-year LLB student at SOAS. SOAS wanted to give a more in-depth answer to your questions, so they asked me to respond.

Back when I was considering attending SOAS, the element that swayed me the most was the perspective that courses often take at SOAS and the teaching staff. In all honestly, my expectations in that regard have been completely met. While in the first year the course seems pretty similar to LLB in other universities, second-year is when you can see the different approach SOAS takes to teaching. Therefore, I would highly recommend taking a deeper look at the different modules taught for LLB. If you find them to be what you are looking for, I would recommend giving SOAS some serious thought.

I hope this helps and I'll keep looking at the thread in case you have some further questions
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SOAS)
Hey there, I'm currently a second-year LLB student at SOAS. SOAS wanted to give a more in-depth answer to your questions, so they asked me to respond.

Back when I was considering attending SOAS, the element that swayed me the most was the perspective that courses often take at SOAS and the teaching staff. In all honestly, my expectations in that regard have been completely met. While in the first year the course seems pretty similar to LLB in other universities, second-year is when you can see the different approach SOAS takes to teaching. Therefore, I would highly recommend taking a deeper look at the different modules taught for LLB. If you find them to be what you are looking for, I would recommend giving SOAS some serious thought.

I hope this helps and I'll keep looking at the thread in case you have some further questions
Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to answer my query. I do actually love the LLB curriculum at SOAS, which is the reason why I want to go here. It is a relief to know that you are satisfied with the course. I have been a little worried due to the recent pandemic in general but I heard that SOAS handled the transition quite well. Thank you for answering my question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (23)
22.12%
Unhappy (32)
30.77%
Conflicted (49)
47.12%

Watched Threads