Queens Interview PGCE Religious Studies

Watch this thread
amcateer23
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I just got offered an interview at Queens to do my PGCE in Religious Studies. Just wanting to know if anyone has went through this interview previous and can remember any questions which they have been asked. Just so I have an idea of what I might be asked.

Many Thanks in advance
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Not at Queen's, but I had 3 last year, 2 at top institutions. My general observations are as follows:

-expect to be asked about your degree and your interest in religion/philosophy
-for two interviews, I had tasks set (how would you teach...), and for all I had to do a handwritten reflection
-some interviews are really laid back, others are very much a 'here's a checklist, we are gonna ask you these specific questions'
-'Why do you want to teach/' and 'Why this age bracket?'
-Expect a couple of preliminary safeguarding questions.
-They are trying to get a measure of you as a person

My advice is to be relaxed (well, as much as you can), and not to get caught up on details. The interview questions sometimes seem specific, but they usually paint in broad strokes and they are looking to see what you are like, not to trip you up.

Good luck!
Last edited by gjd800; 1 year ago
amcateer23
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Not at Queen's, but I had 3 last year, 2 at top institutions. My general observations are as follows:

-expect to be asked about your degree and your interest in religion/philosophy
-for two interviews, I had tasks set (how would you teach...), and for all I had to do a handwritten reflection
-some interviews are really laid back, others are very much a 'here's a checklist, we are gonna ask you these specific questions'
-'Why do you want to teach/' and 'Why this age bracket?'
-Expect a couple of preliminary safeguarding questions.
-They are trying to get a measure of you as a person

My advice is to be relaxed 9well, as much as you can), and not to get caught up on details. The interview questions sometimes seem specific, but they usually paint in broad strokes and they are looking to see what ou are like, not to trip you up.

Good luck!
great feedback Thank you !!
del90
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I had an interview a few weeks for Re PGCE has anyone heard anything back?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (67)
66.34%
No (26)
25.74%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
7.92%

Watched Threads