Qwasdz5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m in year 12 but I’m quite worried about my German because I want to try get an A* .

Any tips to help are greatly appreciated!
Also how would you advise that I structure vocab learning? There’s so many different themes and parts, for example class vocab, listening vocab (unknown vocab from listening exercises) and theme vocab and I don’t know how and when to leanprn them.

Please help!
nm12345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I do A2 German, so I'd recommend using Quizlets and Kerboodle.

Just annoy the heck outta your teachers by constantly asking for more revision resources - especially listening transcripts, because they give you an insight into the 'unknown' vocabulary.

Also, do wider reading in German (try Deutsche Welle: https://www.dw.com/en/top-stories/s-9097)

To do with your vocab structure, I'd suggest getting a large piece of paper and making a mind map of all related vocabulary for each sub-topic, and writing or highlighting words relating to a certain part in different colours. Remember to put the English translations of the words with them, it makes learning the words easier.

If you need any more help, just ask!
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Which board are you taking?
Qwasdz5
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Which board are you taking?
Edexcel
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...rman-2016.html
Qwasdz5
Rep:
?
(Original post by nm12345)
I do A2 German, so I'd recommend using Quizlets and Kerboodle.

Just annoy the heck outta your teachers by constantly asking for more revision resources - especially listening transcripts, because they give you an insight into the 'unknown' vocabulary.

Also, do wider reading in German (try Deutsche Welle: https://www.dw.com/en/top-stories/s-9097)

To do with your vocab structure, I'd suggest getting a large piece of paper and making a mind map of all related vocabulary for each sub-topic, and writing or highlighting words relating to a certain part in different colours. Remember to put the English translations of the words with them, it makes learning the words easier.

If you need any more help, just ask!
Thank you! Do you recommend that I learn a couple of German words everyday?
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It would be useful to create lists of vocab by theme, perhaps 50 per theme to start off with and work your way through each list.
nm12345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Qwasdz5)
Thank you! Do you recommend that I learn a couple of German words everyday?
Yea, I'd say learn a few new words everyday, so you have a wider range of vocab to use in your writing and speaking activities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.59%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.89%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.91%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.63%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.15%

Watched Threads