Want more information about this university?

Conditional offer- asking to verify some of the qualifications I already hold

Watch
l1504
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got my first offer for law from Lancaster today. It is a conditional offer stating "This offer is subject to you obtaining We need to verify some of the qualifications you already hold, please email official evidence of
the following to [email protected] (Scottish Highers)" I sent my results to them obviously shortly after, but does anyone know what this actually means? Am I almost certainly guaranteed a place or?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If that was your only condition and your evidence matches what you had written in your application then yes it would mean you had a place.

If you have more conditions then you will need to meet them as well.
If your evidence doesn’t match then you wouldn’t have met this condition.
l1504
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
If that was your only condition and your evidence matches what you had written in your application then yes it would mean you had a place.

If you have more conditions then you will need to meet them as well.
If your evidence doesn’t match then you wouldn’t have met this condition.
I’m almost certain that was the only condition so thank you!

Do you know why they’re asking for evidence for it, i have my exam board number linked to it too so i thought they’d of been able to see it?
coffeerush24
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by l1504)
I got my first offer for law from Lancaster today. It is a conditional offer stating "This offer is subject to you obtaining We need to verify some of the qualifications you already hold, please email official evidence of
the following to [email protected] (Scottish Highers)" I sent my results to them obviously shortly after, but does anyone know what this actually means? Am I almost certainly guaranteed a place or?
Hi I had been asked to verify my qualifications. I am on a gap year and have already recieved my grades so I was assuming it was because I had already had my results. Are you on a gap year aswell as I thought they were going to maybe send me a unconditional offer as my CAG meet their requirements.
l1504
Rep:
?
(Original post by coffeerush24)
Hi I had been asked to verify my qualifications. I am on a gap year and have already recieved my grades so I was assuming it was because I had already had my results. Are you on a gap year aswell as I thought they were going to maybe send me a unconditional offer as my CAG meet their requirem
Yeah I'm on a gap year sort of thing (decided to do one year a levels as I couldn't do anything because of covid) did they ask you to scan your qualifications because I sent mine and they're asking for a scanned one now lmao?
coffeerush24
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by l1504)
Yeah I'm on a gap year sort of thing (decided to do one year a levels as I couldn't do anything because of covid) did they ask you to scan your qualifications because I sent mine and they're asking for a scanned one now lmao?
What a coincidence we are in a similar position. I had just recieved a unconditional offer after I had sent my qualifications. So I think that is why they are asking for your qualifications. What course have you applied to and what other uni?
l1504
Rep:
?
(Original post by coffeerush24)
What a coincidence we are in a similar position. I had just recieved a unconditional offer after I had sent my qualifications. So I think that is why they are asking for your qualifications. What course have you applied to and what other uni?
I’ve applied for law (all of them are with international study too) i’ve had the offer from lancaster last week and today i got an unconditional from exeter which is ideal because that’s my top top choice!! you?!
sy!¡
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by l1504)
they just want to make sure you’re not lying about your grades. congratulations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.78%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.12%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (57)
9.08%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.41%