The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

transcript drop for LSE Law PhD as well?

Hi, guys.

Does somebody know if the whole transcript drop theory at LSE applies for the LSE PhD in Law as well or only for masters programes?

I applied last week and I received the id no. two days after and since then I think the transcripts dropped, but above the references.

I am pretty sure they were the first documents, after the Fee and now they are among the last.

Thank you and good luck to all of you that have applied!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, guys.

Does somebody know if the whole transcript drop theory at LSE applies for the LSE PhD in Law as well or only for masters programes?

I applied last week and I received the id no. two days after and since then I think the transcripts dropped, but above the references.

I am pretty sure they were the first documents, after the Fee and now they are among the last.

Thank you and good luck to all of you that have applied!

Transcripts start off being positioned after the CV and Personal Statement and above the references. When applicants receive a 'transcript drop' this means that the transcript(s) have moved to the bottom of the list, below the references. This drop theory seems to apply to all departments and courses except for some experiences within the finance department.

My personal theory is that when the transcript drops to the bottom of the list, the application has been viewed. People who experience rejections don't generally see a transcript drop- I think this might be because when a decision is made to reject an applicant, the rejection can be seen immediately on the portal. Candidates seem to wait a lot longer to receive an offer- perhaps because the department is waiting to review the general applicant pool before sending decisions. Good luck!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Transcripts start off being positioned after the CV and Personal Statement and above the references. When applicants receive a 'transcript drop' this means that the transcript(s) have moved to the bottom of the list, below the references. This drop theory seems to apply to all departments and courses except for some experiences within the finance department.

My personal theory is that when the transcript drops to the bottom of the list, the application has been viewed. People who experience rejections don't generally see a transcript drop- I think this might be because when a decision is made to reject an applicant, the rejection can be seen immediately on the portal. Candidates seem to wait a lot longer to receive an offer- perhaps because the department is waiting to review the general applicant pool before sending decisions. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the detailed answer! It is the most comprehensive I’ve seen so far and your analysis makes sense.

In the case of the PhD, we also have a PhD proposal and a sample of written work in the application, which I remember were after the transcripts at first, but I am unsure. I do not want to drink out of the illusion pool.

I will wait and see if the transcripts drop below the references.

Have you applied to a program this year?

Thank you immensely!
Thank you so much for the detailed answer! It is the most comprehensive I’ve seen so far and your analysis makes sense.

In the case of the PhD, we also have a PhD proposal and a sample of written work in the application, which I remember were after the transcripts at first, but I am unsure. I do not want to drink out of the illusion pool.

I will wait and see if the transcripts drop below the references.

Have you applied to a program this year?

Thank you immensely!

No problem at all. Yes I see what you mean- my 'CV' and 'Statement of Academic Purpose' will be where your proposal and written work example are. I'm also applying this year to an MSc in Environmental Policy and Regulation. It's a relatively large course, about 250-300 applicants each year and the department offers a couple of even larger courses so I'm not expecting to hear back soon but am checking every day just in case.:redface: I submitted my application in November but it was only processed on 30th December.
Reply 4
No problem at all. Yes I see what you mean- my 'CV' and 'Statement of Academic Purpose' will be where your proposal and written work example are. I'm also applying this year to an MSc in Environmental Policy and Regulation. It's a relatively large course, about 250-300 applicants each year and the department offers a couple of even larger courses so I'm not expecting to hear back soon but am checking every day just in case.:redface: I submitted my application in November but it was only processed on 30th December.

I see. Well, good luck to you and thank you again! I’m checking hourly haha...
May your transcript drop soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending