Geography NEA - I need to write about geographical concepts and models..

Watch
username5235322
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I need to write about geographical concepts and models and how they are relevant to my study and I need to use between 3-6 literature sources but I don’t understand this...
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What is the title of your NEA / what area within geographical literature is it based upon?
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So basically it’s like evidence / relevant literature (information) relating to your question that could help you prove and back up your arguments once you’ve done your data collection
username5235322
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
What is the title of your NEA / what area within geographical literature is it based upon?
I’m doing it on Ancoats.

(Original post by laurawatt)
So basically it’s like evidence / relevant literature (information) relating to your question that could help you prove and back up your arguments once you’ve done your data collection
So as I’ve started my intro, do I introduce the literature and talk a bit about it then use them later for my arguments?
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by SparkleFace)
So as I’ve started my intro, do I introduce the literature and talk a bit about it then use them later for my arguments?
Yeah pretty much, the introduction had things like the specification links and.. well introducing your project, then you do your literature review - we got told that the literature should be a strand, linking together all the sections - it could be reasonings for why you do what you did in your methodology, why you might have got the results you did in your data analysis etc.
username5235322
Rep:
?
Yeah pretty much, the introduction had things like the specification links and.. well introducing your project, then you do your literature review - we got told that the literature should be a strand, linking together all the sections - it could be reasonings for why you do what you did in your methodology, why you might have got the results you did in your data analysis etc.
Ah
So is this literature ‘books’ and articles that I’ll use for this investigation?
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ah
So is this literature ‘books’ and articles that I’ll use for this investigation?
Yep make sure you reference as you go along! (I use the website citethisforme as it’s easier than producing the references manually :giggle:)
username5235322
Rep:
?
Yep make sure you reference as you go along! (I use the website citethisforme as it’s easier than producing the references manually :giggle:)
I have just one more question! I don’t understand what it means by using geographical concepts and models.
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have just one more question! I don’t understand what it means by using geographical concepts and models.
Basically, 'geography stuff' relating to your project. Any research you do etc.
A geographical concept could something like longshore drift at the coast, or the formation of a glacier,
This website for example shows many models on urban growth: https://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/geogra...ban-morphology, just like diagrams to illustrate how something works and why
username5235322
Rep:
?
Basically, 'geography stuff' relating to your project. Any research you do etc.
A geographical concept could something like longshore drift at the coast, or the formation of a glacier,
This website for example shows many models on urban growth: https://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/geogra...ban-morphology, just like diagrams to illustrate how something works and why
Ah ok I see! How long was your nea? I’m really worried about my length for some reason
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ah ok I see! How long was your nea? I’m really worried about my length for some reason
Haven’t done the final word count yet but I’d guess somewhere in the region of 7000 words?
As long as everything you say is relevant then the word count doesn’t matter (as long as it’s not too low!)
username5235322
Rep:
?
Haven’t done the final word count yet but I’d guess somewhere in the region of 7000 words?
As long as everything you say is relevant then the word count doesn’t matter (as long as it’s not too low!)
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.13%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
14.06%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (9)
14.06%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.5%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
39.06%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
17.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed