The Student Room Group

Married but living with parents?

Hi everyone, my husband and I are both currently 18 and are both applying to university this year. I understand that when you are married or in a civil partnership your are eligible to apply my independent status student finance, however my husband lives with me in my parents house although we do normally go to his on the weekend and maybe a night in the week but not at the moment due to covid and neither of us pay towards living there so we are not financially stable by ourselves as we are unemployed due to studying. Will our student finance we dictated from our parents income still or not? thank you
Original post by hannahellie03
Hi everyone, my husband and I are both currently 18 and are both applying to university this year. I understand that when you are married or in a civil partnership your are eligible to apply my independent status student finance, however my husband lives with me in my parents house although we do normally go to his on the weekend and maybe a night in the week but not at the moment due to covid and neither of us pay towards living there so we are not financially stable by ourselves as we are unemployed due to studying. Will our student finance we dictated from our parents income still or not? thank you

Hi Hannah, your finance will be assessed based on your husbands income, not your parents. However you must state you are living with parents as you will only be entitled to the 'living with parents' rate of funding, you can view the figures here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1833/ssin-financial-memorandum-for-2021.pdf on page 3.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending