The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Offers based on ucas points

Hi I am applying to Oxford brookes university for law and wanted to know is the offers given on ucas from this university is ucas points based or specific grade requirements. So if it wants 112 ucas points is that the offer requirements or do they ask for specifically BBC for example. I do a btec equivalent to 3 a levels if that helps or if there's a different system for btecs. I hope someone who made an application recently can tell me this.
Original post by Reza_129
Hi I am applying to Oxford brookes university for law and wanted to know is the offers given on ucas from this university is ucas points based or specific grade requirements. So if it wants 112 ucas points is that the offer requirements or do they ask for specifically BBC for example. I do a btec equivalent to 3 a levels if that helps or if there's a different system for btecs. I hope someone who made an application recently can tell me this.

The first course that I checked in their website says this:

“Wherever possible we make our conditional offers using the UCAS Tariff. The combination of A-level grades listed here would be just one way of achieving the UCAS Tariff points for this course.”

So I would imagine the same is true for all their courses, (where possible, IE the quals you are taking attract tariff points), but it would be nice to get confirmation from a current offer holder.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Admit-One
The first course that I checked in their website says this:

“Wherever possible we make our conditional offers using the UCAS Tariff. The combination of A-level grades listed here would be just one way of achieving the UCAS Tariff points for this course.”

So I would imagine the same is true for all their courses, (where possible, IE the quals you are taking attract tariff points), but it would be nice to get confirmation from a current offer holder.

Thanks for that, yes I would've liked someone who has gotten an offer from OXU to say if its tariff based offers or grade based offers.
Original post by Reza_129

Hello @Reza_129,

Hope you are doing well!! We are glad to hear that you are interested in joining us at Oxford Brookes University!! :smile:

I am currently a student at Oxford Brookes and I study Law. When I applied a few years ago, my personal experience was that I was given an offer based on the UCAS Tariff Points, which were the equivalent to my A Level grades.

So as stated on the University website at the time of me typing this, for a standard offer the following are required, depending on what you do:

UCAS Tariff Points:104 A Level: BCC BTEC: DMM

These however could be subject to change. The University will look at each application individually, so there should be no issue if you did BTEC. You can find out more about the LLB at Brookes on the following webpage: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/law/

If you do have any questions about the Law course, the University or student life, please do ask!! I would be happy to help!! :smile:

All the best,

Shaf
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending