The Student Room Group

The reason I left my boyfriend!

I woke up and said to my boyfriend I’m in a positive mood and he says ‘we need to speak it might sound disrespectful’. He says my face has become fatter and I’m loosing my shape because I eat too much chocolate at night time at odd hours. He knows I don’t like my body and he knows I always talk about my body before contraception( he met me like how I am right now I haven’t gained no weight since he met me, I was slimmer before I met him). He also has said he’s left people when they’ve gotten too fat with him.

This escalated to other petty things but I ended up leaving and saying to never speak to me again. I blocked him on all social media platforms and calling. I told his friend and she said that’s completely unacceptable. I’m a dramatic person and I have said ‘we’re done’ during arguments before but she assured me that I was being dramatic and so did another person!

How should I feel ? I feel so Not confident and insecure. And now I’m single. I’ve slept the entire day because I’m so upset. I was in such a positive mood that morning for him to ruin it like that.
Original post by Jesswhats
I woke up and said to my boyfriend I’m in a positive mood and he says ‘we need to speak it might sound disrespectful’. He says my face has become fatter and I’m loosing my shape because I eat too much chocolate at night time at odd hours. He knows I don’t like my body and he knows I always talk about my body before contraception( he met me like how I am right now I haven’t gained no weight since he met me, I was slimmer before I met him). He also has said he’s left people when they’ve gotten too fat with him.

This escalated to other petty things but I ended up leaving and saying to never speak to me again. I blocked him on all social media platforms and calling. I told his friend and she said that’s completely unacceptable. I’m a dramatic person and I have said ‘we’re done’ during arguments before but she assured me that I was being dramatic and so did another person!

How should I feel ? I feel so Not confident and insecure. And now I’m single. I’ve slept the entire day because I’m so upset. I was in such a positive mood that morning for him to ruin it like that.

good riddance. he sounds like an ah. remember, his opinion about your body really doesn't mean anything; the only opinion that matters is your own. believe you are gorgeous and you are.
You’re not being dramatic your emotions are valid. What he said was uncalled for and rude, who does he think is?! Pls get rid of him, I understand it may be hard but you can’t let people like him talk to you like that.
good riddance!! find someone who values and respects you!!!
If your weight hasn't changed in the time you've known him then what does he have to complain about? Eating chocolate at night isn't going to have a significant difference on your weight either unless you are gorging on a ton of it. Sounds like he's fixating too much on what you say rather than your appearance. Even if this is the case, it's better not to bother with guys who fuss over these things.
Original post by sinfonietta
If your weight hasn't changed in the time you've known him then what does he have to complain about? Eating chocolate at night isn't going to have a significant difference on your weight either unless you are gorging on a ton of it. Sounds like he's fixating too much on what you say rather than your appearance. Even if this is the case, it's better not to bother with guys who fuss over these things.

I’ve lost weight since I’ve met him! I eat a lot of snacks at night but that’s only because I’m looking after him as he’s ill so I’m up at odd hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending