Is your boyfriend allowed to tell you your putting on weight ?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Allowed? Of course he's allowed to. It's a free country. He can say what he wants. Didn't you know that....
666aaron
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
depends wether its a joke or just banta my gf tells me im putting on weight but i know its just banta
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It's not like it's against the law or anything 😂
b!tchwitfeelings
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Depends what tone he said it in
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Technically? Yes.

Is it a smart move? No.
Granolakiddo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Well your in a relationship, ofc he can tell you anything. But, it depends on you. If its bothering you then talk to him about it. Be honest.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
allowed against whom?
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes. If your boyfriend can’t say honest things that you might not like, good luck keeping that relationship going in the long run, because over your life together he’s Going to have to say plenty of things that you’ll like even less.

Of course your partner is allowed to say tings you don’t like.
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Allowed? He's not exactly going to be sent to prison for it.

In all honesty, it really depends. Nobody is going to be happy about it but if he's doing it for your health then it's brutal honesty I guess. His delivery is very important in judging this one.
username5161072
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It’s your relationship. Set up the rules
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
Yes. If your boyfriend can’t say honest things that you might not like, good luck keeping that relationship going in the long run, because over your life together he’s Going to have to say plenty of things that you’ll like even less.

Of course your partner is allowed to say tings you don’t like.
He said I’m loosing my shape and my face is getting fatter. And how he’s left girls before because they put on too much weight. I’m not even fat. This made me really insecure and not confident. He knows I don’t like my body right now too. I dumped him last night.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Allowed? He's not exactly going to be sent to prison for it.

In all honesty, it really depends. Nobody is going to be happy about it but if he's doing it for your health then it's brutal honesty I guess. His delivery is very important in judging this one.
I’m not even fat. I just snack late at night since I’ve been at his house. He said I’m loosing my shape and my face is getting fatter. And how he’s left girls before because they put on too much weight. I’m not even fat. This made me really insecure and not confident. He knows I don’t like my body right now too. I dumped him last night.
(Original post by 666aaron)
depends wether its a joke or just banta my gf tells me im putting on weight but i know its just banta
No he sat me down and said I’m getting fat. I told him it could be due to contraception but he said chocolate has nothing to do with contraception. He said I’m loosing my shape and my face is getting fatter. And how he’s left girls before because they put on too much weight. I’m not even fat. This made me really insecure and not confident. He knows I don’t like my body right now too. I dumped him last night.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by b!tchwitfeelings)
Depends what tone he said it in
he sat me down and said I’m getting fat. I told him it could be due to contraception but he said chocolate has nothing to do with contraception. He said I’m loosing my shape and my face is getting fatter. And how he’s left girls before because they put on too much weight. I’m not even fat. This made me really insecure and not confident. He knows I don’t like my body right now too. I dumped him last night as it just escalated and I felt so down about myself especially because I told him before he said that, that I was in a good positive mood.
666aaron
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i had a gf that said this to me after sex so i dumpped her after after saying you wearn't comlaining till i stopped the best thing is to block him and ignore him espacialy in these ****ed up times
Last edited by 666aaron; 1 year ago
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
he knows it would drive me insane so nah, lol
it's not like i'd ever gain weight tho, i have more self control than that
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes, especially if they sit on one side of the bed and you go face first into the ceiling.
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m not even fat. I just snack late at night since I’ve been at his house. He said I’m loosing my shape and my face is getting fatter. And how he’s left girls before because they put on too much weight. I’m not even fat. This made me really insecure and not confident. He knows I don’t like my body right now too. I dumped him last night.
I can see why you did to be fair. That's quite cruel.

I'm sorry you're going through that, but please know there are people who will appreciate you much more and have a lot more respect.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 666aaron)
i had a gf that said this to me after sex so i dumpped her after after saying you wearn't comlaining till i stopped the best thing is to block him and ignore him espacialy in these ****ed up times
I dumped him. Blocked him everywhere and went home around 4am. What do you mean these ****ed up times? Covid? Honestly we’re in a pandemic a lot of people are loosing themselves and he has the cheek to say this to me. I’m not even fat.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I can see why you did to be fair. That's quite cruel.

I'm sorry you're going through that, but please know there are people who will appreciate you much more and have a lot more respect.
Thanks. I feel really sad he’s not usually like this he’s a positive person so I was shocked. It did escalate and he left to go to his friends house and I wasn’t happy with that when he came back we argued about him leaving to go to his friends and I just left and blocked him off everywhere.

What do I do if he calls me on another number. I don’t want to leave him but I don’t want to be with someone who says stuff like that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (270)
42.39%
The paper was reasonable (262)
41.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.38%

Watched Threads