How to keep fit when it's chilly!!

Watch
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Exercise can be a little more difficult to do when it's colder, but still very feasible!!
You could wrap up and still go on a brisk walk to a nearby park or around the block, exercise does not have to be hardcore and get you sweaty
Early mornings and evenings tend to be cooler at the moment, so runs in the parks could be done in the afternoon instead so it's not too chilly. I'd also invest in a good baselayer and pair of running leggings :yes:

If outside is still a little cold for you, you could do workout videos at home- there was quite an explosion of workout videos during lockdown so there's lots on YouTube for every ability.

Fitness YouTubers:
Chloe Ting is an obvious one so I thought I'd list some other less known ones which also do great home workout videos that don't need equipment:
Heather Robertson
Fitness Blender
Pamela Reif
Emi Wong
Natacha Oceane

Might be worth dusting off the Wii or Kinect for some home exercise if you have one lying around somewhere- I must say my favourite game is Kinect Sports :teehee:

What are you guys doing to keep fit when it's chilly?? :woo:
Last edited by absolutelysprout; 5 months ago
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i went on a run this morning and it surprisingly wasn't too cold! very dark though so i opted for running to the nearby castle rather than in the park as it's more well lit hope everyone's keeping well :hugs:
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm getting into the habit of going for long walks around my local lakes. I don't like running as it just isn't for me, so long walks are a really nice way to get some exercise in a way I like. Also can't go wrong with a bit of Wii bowling :ahee:
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Sounds fab! I like doing resistance exercises in doors e.g. using weights :dumbells:
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
A list of ideas and options

Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube
Joe Wick exercise workout videos again on Youtube
Exercise DVDs
General exercise regimes, try looking on Amazon at fitness books or explore YouTube videos
Walks
Dances to music
Exercises using a resistance band
Exercises on a floor
Gymnastic workout programs
Trampoline workout hours
Exercises standing up and sitting down etc
Exercise on a bike
Weight lifting exercises
Treadmill fitness
Running
Tennis outdoors whenever possible
Lacrosse
Netball
Swings at a local park for starters
Active games
Whole body exercises
spereira11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
cooltowering
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
Exercise can be a little more difficult to do when it's colder, but still very feasible!!
You could wrap up and still go on a brisk walk to a nearby park or around the block, exercise does not have to be hardcore and get you sweaty
Early mornings and evenings tend to be cooler at the moment, so runs in the parks could be done in the afternoon instead so it's not too chilly. I'd also invest in a good baselayer and pair of running leggings :yes:

If outside is still a little cold for you, you could do workout videos at home- there was quite an explosion of workout videos during lockdown so there's lots on YouTube for every ability.

Fitness YouTubers:
Chloe Ting is an obvious one so I thought I'd list some other less known ones which also do great home workout videos that don't need equipment:
Heather Robertson
Fitness Blender
Pamela Reif
Emi Wong
Natacha Oceane

Might be worth dusting off the Wii or Kinect for some home exercise if you have one lying around somewhere- I must say my favourite game is Kinect Sports :teehee:

What are you guys doing to keep fit when it's chilly?? :woo:
Good thing we have a treadmill at home so I can workout anytime
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed