pixelated19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have my first face-to-face interview over zoom on Wednesday for Radiography. I was wondering what my tone should be like? Does it need to be really professional or should I be friendly and a little light-hearted (which worked for my job interview)? e.g. can I laugh at myself if I mess up on something. I understand in the healthcare sector you should be professional but I feel like being myself will show my personality more and my ability to build rapport quickly. Any advice would be great!
amandaholten
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pixelated19)
So I have my first face-to-face interview over zoom on Wednesday for Radiography. I was wondering what my tone should be like? Does it need to be really professional or should I be friendly and a little light-hearted (which worked for my job interview)? e.g. can I laugh at myself if I mess up on something. I understand in the healthcare sector you should be professional but I feel like being myself will show my personality more and my ability to build rapport quickly. Any advice would be great!
Hi,
They mostly just want to get to know you as a person and see whether you'd be a great fit for the course. Not only will they ask you questions referring to the course, they will also ask questions about yourself to get to know you. So make sure to be confident and most importantly, be yourself! Good luck!
Nicoledamonte
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
heya I had my first interview for radiography last week with Canterbury, they were so lovely just be yourself. I even made the mistake in forgetting my id upstairs and had to run up during my interview which I thought ruined it but they didn't mind. where are you applying? xx
pixelated19
Rep:
?
(Original post by amandaholten)
Hi,
They mostly just want to get to know you as a person and see whether you'd be a great fit for the course. Not only will they ask you questions referring to the course, they will also ask questions about yourself to get to know you. So make sure to be confident and most importantly, be yourself! Good luck!
hey, thanks for the advice! i wasn’t too sure if they were going to be super serious or friendly so i think i’ll gage the tone when it starts! appreciate the head up
pixelated19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nicoledamonte)
heya I had my first interview for radiography last week with Canterbury, they were so lovely just be yourself. I even made the mistake in forgetting my id upstairs and had to run up during my interview which I thought ruined it but they didn't mind. where are you applying? xx
hey, you just reminded me to get my passport out again! 🤣 i’m applying for st. george’s, brighton, exeter and my london south bank interview is on wednesday! i hope the interviewers are nice enough lol i’ll start stumbling over my words if i’m nervous. good luck on all the interviews, i hope the offer comes through for canterbury and the rest xx
jimsy12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey, you just reminded me to get my passport out again! 🤣 i’m applying for st. george’s, brighton, exeter and my london south bank interview is on wednesday! i hope the interviewers are nice enough lol i’ll start stumbling over my words if i’m nervous. good luck on all the interviews, i hope the offer comes through for canterbury and the rest xx
my interview for london south bank for therapeutic radiography is on the 27th. im so nervous
pixelated19
Rep:
?
(Original post by jimsy12)
my interview for london south bank for therapeutic radiography is on the 27th. im so nervous
me too! mine is tomorrow and it’s my first so i’m really nervous. good luck on your interviews i’ll let you know how it goes!
Nicoledamonte
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've applied to Exeter and st Georges too, maybe ill see you there If we both go to the same one , and yes I got a conditional offer from them xx
Lonelygurlx_23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nicoledamonte)
I've applied to Exeter and st Georges too, maybe ill see you there If we both go to the same one , and yes I got a conditional offer from them xx
Hey...What types of questions did they ask for the MMI's for st george's?
jimsy12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
me too! mine is tomorrow and it’s my first so i’m really nervous. good luck on your interviews i’ll let you know how it goes!
LSBU is my first choice too. Im applying for therapeutic radiography though
pixelated19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lonelygurlx_23)
Hey...What types of questions did they ask for the MMI's for st george's?
hey sorry for the late reply i hope it reaches you in time. they were mainly scenario based so work on skills in different situations that prove you have good ethics and can make discussions.
pixelated19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jimsy12)
LSBU is my first choice too. Im applying for therapeutic radiography though
heyy, i got the offer a few hours after the interview! have you had yours yet? if not, let me know if you need a heads up
jimsy12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
heyy, i got the offer a few hours after the interview! have you had yours yet? if not, let me know if you need a heads up
Thank you. Yes I got my offer on the evening of my interview. My offer for the 3 year course is 30 distinctions in my access course or 46 UCAS for the 4 year course with foundation year. Depending on my health I will decide which one but I am definitely going to lsbu this year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads