Should I write to universities if I haven’t heard from them yet?

Watch
richie.harvy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I finished my UCAS applications in September of last year. Haven’t heard from any University (UCL, KCL, Edinburgh). It’s very worrying since it’s already been an inordinate amount time since my application... I applied for Comp Sci and I have been predicted 4A*s.

Why is it that universities haven’t reverted yet? Has it something to do with the pandemic? Should I write to them? What reply can I expect?

Any illumination on these aspects is greatly appreciated.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They'll get back to you in good time. No need to pester them over it. If memory serves UCL in particular took ages to sift through and give back offers (although this was quite some time ago now ).
That being said, cant hurt to ask the admissions when they aim to start awarding offers if you're really that keen to know.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by richie.harvy)
I finished my UCAS applications in September of last year. Haven’t heard from any University (UCL, KCL, Edinburgh). It’s very worrying since it’s already been an inordinate amount time since my application... I applied for Comp Sci and I have been predicted 4A*s.

Why is it that universities haven’t reverted yet? Has it something to do with the pandemic? Should I write to them? What reply can I expect?

When you say you haven’t heard do you mean you haven’t had offers of that you haven’t had any communication at all.

Kcl has an applicant portal (and I think so does ucl). If you haven’t got your login details for the portal then you should check your junk/spam folders and contact universities if they haven’t sent you anything. It’s possible that they’re waiting until after the deadline to make a decision on your application.

Edinburgh don’t make decisions for many courses until after the January deadline (which isn’t until the 29th now). So I wouldn’t bother them.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by richie.harvy)

The sort of unis you have applied to (ultra competitive) are also the ones who often take the longest to reply. As long as you have had your application acknowledged in some way I wouldn't worry as you are likely to hear back from them after the UCAS deadline
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most 'top' Unis make the bulk of their offers after the January deadline.
And they wont make final offers until March/April.
So, not having offers is actually quite normal.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Q) Should I write to universities if I haven’t heard from them yet?
A) No.
JG260291
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many universities wait until March deadline to make offers for September entry, its perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. You could contact Admissions and query, but you're likely to get a similar answer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads