The Student Room Group

Received two offers for Vet Med, trouble choosing

I've received an offer for Harper Adams & Keele for September 2021, and for Nottingham in April 2022. I'm so overjoyed to have my offers, and the privilege to choose between them. But I'm having a hard time deciding.
I'm leaning towards Nottingham, but I need to properly weigh up my options.
What are the great (and not so great) parts of each and why?
Reply 1
Maybe have a look at course structure - i.e. how it it taught, when do you get clinical exposure etc.
Then I'd maybe consider the place - Is this somewhere you'd want to live for 5 years?
Sorry I don't really know specifics but I hope this helps
Personally I would go for Harper-Keele in a heartbeat - I love the atmosphere at Harper Adams having been there to see people on other courses, but it depends if its your vibe or not

But overall if you have the choice of studying this year I would take it vs waiting.
Also not sure personally if I am a fan of the timings of the April cohort.
Original post by ltregaskis
I've received an offer for Harper Adams & Keele for September 2021, and for Nottingham in April 2022. I'm so overjoyed to have my offers, and the privilege to choose between them. But I'm having a hard time deciding.

I’ve also got an offer for notts April 2022, I think notts looks really good but I don’t much about Harper and keele. I think starting in April not September is the daunting thing for me!
Reply 4
Original post by ltregaskis

Really well done on getting both of those offers, Defo have a more in depth look at both the courses, and look around at student reviews etc.
I've just received an offer at H and K too, and a little part of me is hoping that I don't get any more offers as I can't bare to choose lol.
Harper and Keele is looking really exciting, as if you think about it this way, It's a bunch of vets and lecturers who have spent years working at other unis, who can now put all of their combined ideas and experience together to create a modern, forward thinking vet school, and also having access too all the incredible resources of both the universities is an extremely unique opportunity. However I have also heard so much good about Notts! You've still got plenty of time to make a decision, so don't stress it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending