AQA a level biology

Watch this thread
maisybh
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm hoping to get into a sports science related career and biology is something they recommend you take. How much of the AQA a level course is plants? I enjoy the human side of things but I'm wondering what the ratio is really like.
ziggy03
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
gonna be honest there is some plants and some of it is quite boring. id say there is definitely more human biology though. there isn't one single topic which is just 'plants', it's mixed into other topics eg photosynthesis and respiration, exchange and transport systems, diversity. if you really want to do a sport science career a level biology will give you a massive leg up and if plant is something you're not too keep on you may need to just hold your breath and power through.

give this a read, you can see exactly how much of the stuff you like and dislike are on it.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scie...on-at-a-glance
maisybh
Rep:
(Original post by ziggy03)
gonna be honest there is some plants and some of it is quite boring. id say there is definitely more human biology though. there isn't one single topic which is just 'plants', it's mixed into other topics eg photosynthesis and respiration, exchange and transport systems, diversity. if you really want to do a sport science career a level biology will give you a massive leg up and if plant is something you're not too keep on you may need to just hold your breath and power through.

give this a read, you can see exactly how much of the stuff you like and dislike are on it.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scie...on-at-a-glance
Thank you, this is extremely helpful!
ziggy03
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maisybh)
Thank you, this is extremely helpful!
you should know that regardless of how boring you find it, there are a lot of parts which cater to all interests in biology, and that biology is always looked at with very high regard. best of luck !
maisybh
Rep:
(Original post by ziggy03)
you should know that regardless of how boring you find it, there are a lot of parts which cater to all interests in biology, and that biology is always looked at with very high regard. best of luck !
thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads