The Student Room Group

Please help! Failing final year of undergraduate degree

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if there is any chance or hope for me of achieving a 2.1 for my overall undergraduate degree. I am studying early childhood studies at university of east London. I just got 2 of my results for semester 1 and I did really bad and now I feel like il graduate with 2.2 which I don’t want. I normally get around 60% for my assessments and don’t know what happened to these one and feel so upset and angry with myself. Can someone let me know if it’s possible for me to graduate with a good 2.1 or even a first honours as I feel like I’ve failed myself. I have written my results down below as my second year contribute 20% towards my final grade and 80% from my last year. The first grades are worth 40% and second semester grades are work 60%. Please can someone help me, it would mean a lot.

30 credits each
Second year grades:
Module 1: 58 62= 61
Module 2:60 62= 62
Module 3:71 62= 66
Module 4: 62 62= 62

1st semester results for final year:
Module 1: 53% (30 credits)
Module 2: 57% (15 credits)
Module 3: haven’t got results yet
Dissertation module: (45 credits)

Any help would be appreciated.
What is your module 3 of 3rd year worth credits wise? And is that first semester or second?
Reply 2
Module 3 is worth 30 credits and first semester.
Okay, so if you get 60% for that third module then you need 61.5% for your dissertation to get a 2:1 (60%)
(assuming that there are no minimum credit thresholds you need on top of the calculation you just gave me.)

If that third module is more like your other first semesters and is 55% then you will need 63% on your dissertation.

As long as your dissertation is up to scratch you haven’t lost the chance to get yourself a 2:1.

To get a “good” 2:1 (@65%) you will need about 72% for your dissertation. (Based on a 55%for that final first semester module)

To get a first you will need around 83% for your dissertation.

All calculations assuming that the detail given in your post is all the calculations there are-they do not incorporate any “rounding up” your university might do or any minimum credit thresholds.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you for breaking it down it means a lot I really hope I do well in semester 2 and for the dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending